Several backup and recovery vendors claim that their solutions are agentless in an effort to distinguish themselves from agent-based solutions. In reality, in order to achieve application consistency, their solutions inject an agent during backup and remove it once backup has finished. Therefore, they cannot be considered truly agentless.
OnQ 3.8 is the industry’s only disaster recovery solution that can perform as either agent-based or a truly agentless. Now, customers finally have a real choice depending on their management, CPU overhead and compliance needs. OnQ v3.8’s agentless feature provides lower CPU utilisation of the protected VM and easier management in a VMware environment. In addition, agentless enrollment is the only possible solution for systems where persistent agents or dynamic processes are not allowed.
Additional key product features in onQ v3.8 include:
· Enhanced reporting (charts and graphs): Provides real-time and historic data to help users better understand the health of their systems
· Recovery Node (RN) startup dependencies and grouping: Enables users to manage several dependent RNs and ensure that the RN are booted in proper sequence
· Protected Node configuration log: A new log to support compliance reporting
· PN health report (also called PN intelligence data): Helps debug and predict PN issues; delivered as an attachment to the Backup Activity Report (not available for agentless PNs)
· Multinetwork and VLAN support for Recovery Nodes: Enables easy emulation of any production network; users can create complex test networks to test Recovery Nodes
· Bare Metal Restore (BMR) improvements:
OnQ v3.8 includes additional product enhancements such as UI performance improvements, where the Dashboard tab and other tabs in the onQ Portal for HA, DR, DR Mirror and AV load significantly faster.
“Our version of ‘agentless protection,’
OnQ v3.8 (appliance and DRaaS versions) is now generally available. Current Quorum customers can upgrade at no additional cost. For more information, please visit www.quorum.net.
Quorum® provides assured one-click backup, recovery and continuity, helping businesses safeguard their revenue, customers and reputation. The award-winning Quorum series of appliance and DRaaS/hybrid cloud (http://www.quorum.net/