What is LABSA?
LABSA is an anionic surfactant. It is used in the formulation of all types of detergent powders, cakes, toilet cleaners and liquid detergents. This chemical acts as an active matter in the detergents, cakes and liquids. LABSA is also used in pesticides to improve the quality of spray. Due to its synergic effect LABSA performs well with other anionic surfactants. The chemical LABSA has a highly active matter, low salt content and its prompt miscibility with water makes it an apt chemical for a variety of formulations. It is used in textile industry for washing and mercerizing cotton. It is also used for increasing the surface area of distempers. It is used as emulsifier or wetting agent in toilet soaps for foaming.
Labsa (Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid) has an appearance of yellow honey coloured slurry. It is also known as Soft Acid Slurry. LABSA is a viscous and sticky liquid which is highly acidic in nature. Handling this chemical needs special pumps due to its sticky and acidic nature. It is produced through an aboriginal system designed reaction system. The technology has two major benefits over the existing alternative technologies.
• This technology reduces sulphonation costs by more than 20%
• Reduces the investment per unit of installed capacity by around 50%
Advantages of using LABSA:
1. Cost effective and biodegradable
2. It is compatible with enzymes and builders.
3. Performs outstandingly with other anionic surfactants due to its synergic effect
4. Ideal for liquid detergent formulation as it is highly soluble in water and has low salt content
5. Less alkali is needed for neutralization
There are a number of LABSA manufacturers in Delhi (http://www.bajajchemicals.com/
For More Details Visit Here : - http://www.bajajchemicals.com/