Acquisitions give franchise owners like Clayton the opportunity to increase their territory and expand their property portfolio and continue to play a key part in Belvoir’s growth strategy.
Clayton is looking forward to increasing his business presence in the area and says: “I’ve wanted to invest in an acquisition for some time because they help move a business forward, especially in a competitive industry such as lettings.
“There are 14 letting agents on my street alone and, as Belvoir Nuneaton and Hinckley is only two years old, I saw an acquisition as a way of expanding my landlord base and accelerating the growth of my business.
“Key Estate Agents seemed the perfect opportunity because they are a very successful business with a substantial turnover. They are also very similar to Belvoir in that they are a well-organised company who don’t cut corners and keep standards high.
“Investing in the acquisition has multiplied my business by four and I now look forward to offering the Belvoir level of service to more landlords than ever before.”
Commenting on Belvoir’s latest acquisition, Chairman and CEO Mike Goddard says: “Purchases such as Clayton’s show that we continue to follow vigorously our policy of seeking new acquisition opportunities. It is a further example of Belvoir’s strategy to support our Franchisees as they expand their businesses in their local areas whilst also expanding the Belvoir brand.
“We are making good progress expanding our office base across the UK and we continue to look at a number of further acquisition opportunities to support this strategy.”
• Belvoir now have more than 160 offices nationwide. To find your nearest Belvoir office, visit their website at www.belvoirlettings.com (http://www.belvoirlettings.com)
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Belvoir. Dorian Gonsalves is Director of Commercial and Franchising. Dorian sits on the Board of The Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as one of the largest specialist lettings agency franchises in the UK, with 150+ offices nationwide and aims to have 200 franchises in the next three years.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, which was hosted by Phil Spencer, and won Silver in 2014. Belvoir has won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February, 2012.
For further information, or to request an interview with a Belvoir Lettings expert, please contact Sanchia Gorner, tel: 01780 749049/07912 558308 or email: email@example.com