The full speaker line-up and agenda for 2014 is available at www.cellbasedassay.co.uk
Highlights this year will include an academic insight from the Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine at King's College London. Attendees will hear the Director of HipSci Cell Phenotyping, Davide Danovi, speak on the current challenges in the use of stem cells in phenotype screening.
Other topics discussed in the talk entitled: High Content Analysis using Stem Cells for Disease Modelling and Drug Discovery include:
• Defining the boundaries between health and disease at a single cell level
• The human induced pluripotent
When asked about Advances in Cell Based Assays, Davide commented:
‘I had the privilege to participate to the Cell Based Assay conference organised by SMi in the past and enjoyed the mix in the backgrounds of participants from academia and industry and the scientific discussion. I look forward to participating again this year.'
Attendees at the 7th annual conference will have the opportunity to:
• Attend the interactive workshop hosted by LEO pharma on how to develop and use cell based assays in open innovation platforms.
• Hear insights on cell based assays in biologic drug discovery from MedImmune’s Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering Scientist, Lesley Jenkinson.
• Receive regulatory direction on the challenges of bioassay methods development and validation with a focus on current EMA and US-FDA legislation
• Discover the latest technologies in gene editing and 3D cell culture developments to improve in vitro analysis.
• Advance drug discovery success through phenotypic profiling as AstraZeneca reveal their strategies for driving impact and discuss best practice in data analytics.
For those who are interested in attending there is currently a £100 discount available online at www.cellbasedassay.co.uk
Advances in Cell Based Assays
11-12 November 2014
Marriott Regents Park Hotel, London UK
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-
More information can be found at http://www.smi-