Looking for somewhere to stay in the Lakes Region in August? Check out the Travel Packages (http://lakesregion.org/
Here are a few of the highly anticipated events going on in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire this August:
- The Winnipesaukee Playhouse has two plays planned for the month of August. The first is a psychological thriller titled "Any Other Name" and will be performed August 6th through August 16th. The second, a Pulitzer Prize-winning story set in small-town Missouri titled "Talley's Folly" will be performed August 20th through August 30th.
- Rail & Sail Tour is the ultimate Lake Winnipesaukee tour! Enjoy a 6-hour adventure with a ride on the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad as well as the M/S Mount Washington. Departing daily at 10:30am daily from Meredith, NH.
- SoulFest Music Festival Celebrate 17 years of Music, Love & Action at this 3-day Christian music festival and family retreat. The festival features over 125 world renowned artists and speakers and runs from August 7th to 9th at Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, NH.
- Family Camp Weekend at The Lodges Camp Tohkomeupog in Madison, NH offers a vacation like no other with traditional camp activities such as archery, softball or water sports and nightly family games! Family Camp Weekend will take place August 17th – 24th.
- Children’s Theatre Performs Cinderella at the Silver Center for the Arts. The rags-to-riches story of Cinderella performed at the Children’s Theatre makes for a great outing for those with young children! Buy your ticket for the performance on August 14th at 3pm in the Smith Recital Hall in Plymouth, NH.
- Storybook Sundays on the Hobo Railroad in Lincoln, NH is a great outing for the entire family! Meet your favorite storybook characters during story readings each Sunday at 12:30pm and 2:30pm. August 10th meet Corduroy, August 17th & 24th meet Martha the Talking Dog and August 31st meet Curious George.
These are only some of the events worth visiting in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire during August. For more Lakes Region events, visit the event calendar (http://lakesregion.org/
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors’ guides, visit LakesRegion.org, facebook.com/