PRLog - Aug. 4, 2014 - TUCSON, Ariz. -- PODS of Tucson knows that students heading off to college is meant to be a thrilling and life-changing experience. Just like generations before, students heading off to college are tasked with packing up all their belongings and moving.
PODS_ Logo_ with_ new_ tag
PODS, a leader in the moving and storage industry, understand the struggles of the present-day student. For more than 10 years, PODS of Tucson has helped thousands move without the stress of doing the actual labor of moving.
PODS is offering college students entering the fall semester tips to ensure a smooth, less stressful move before they make their way into their new college residence.
“The move away from home to college transition is an exciting and emotional time for parents and students” said Hector Reyes, manager of PODSof Tucson. “PODS is here to help undergrads have a relaxing moving experience into their new living space by offering dependable moving and storage options.”
Before students make the big move, PODS of Tucson offers simplified moving tips to help make their move safer, greener and much more efficient:
10 College Moving Tips for Students
1. Check out the college or apartment complex website for moving information and resources ahead of time. Use a checklist of suggested items to bring and keep the packing process focused and streamlined.
2. Begin packing belongings a couple of weeks ahead of time to keep last minute stress to a minimum. Instead of cramming everything into a car with only room for the driver, rent a PODS container one week prior to the moving date and let PODS deliver everything to the new destination. This provides a relaxed schedule for both parents and students.
3. Have a friend, roommate or fellow student moving to the same school? With enough room to spare, share the cost of a PODScontainer with your friend.
4. If you will be sharing a dorm room with one or more fellow students, contact them ahead of time. Discuss personal styles and work together on making the dorm room a “home away from home.” Discuss larger items such as microwaves and TVs to avoid duplicates to maximize space.
5. Upon arrival to the new living destination, give the folks at PODS a call for a scheduled delivery of your PODS container. Unpacking is easy thanks to ground-floor accessibility.
6. Be realistic and don’t over-pack. Find out the dimensions of the room(s) that will be occupied. Consolidate and don’t bring items that won’t be needed.
7. Important rule of thumb for packing boxes: pack heavy items such as books in small boxes and lighter items such as towels and linens in larger boxes. Be sure to label each of your boxes on all sides.
8. Make sure items are safely protected during the move. Items most likely used for packaging include: bubble wrap, packing tape, and plastic stretch wrap, cushion foam, wadded up newspapers and old blankets and towels.
9. Think ahead and buy green. Purchase green items such as natural material furniture and organic sheets to reduce your carbon footprint. Donate your used items to local nonprofits.
10. Ask family and friends in advance for help transporting belongings in and out of PODScontainers. If no help is available, a local PODS representative will have a list of reliable labor service providers available for an affordable cost.
About PODS Tucson
Founded in 1998, PODS currently provides moving and storage services to a population of more than 250 million consumers and businesses, in 48 U.S. states, Canada, Australia and the UK, through its company-owned and independent franchise network. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 400,000 long-distance relocations, exceeded 2.0 million deliveries and has over 150,000 PODS® containers in service.
Consortium Media Services
Consortium Media Services