PRLog - Aug. 4, 2014 - BOKSBURG, South Africa -- What is Push to Talk?
Push to Talk (PTT) is a means of achieving two way communications by utilizing a cellular device on existing GSM cellular network infrastructure.
The service could therefore be offered where the GSM networks have coverage, which greatly reduces the limitations on geographical coverage offered by other two way communication systems.
It is a technology ideally suited for organisations with the need to communicate cost-effectively with their personnel in the field or on the road.
PTT switches a cellular device from full duplex mode, which is a mode where both parties can hear each other simultaneously, to half duplex mode, where only one party can speak whilst the other party listens.
The party which pushed the PTT button has the floor until the PTT button is released.
The operation of the phone, when used in PTT mode, is very similar to two way communication achieved with “walkie-talkies”
The other main difference between a normal cellular call and a PTT call is that users connect quickly due to the one-on-one relationship that gets configured by the service provider.
Multiple parties could, however, be included in a conversation – similar to professional radio usage.
• No infrastructure costs
• No rental fees
• No annual license fees
• Fix monthly cost
• Unlimited Pushes
• Great coverage. Coverage only restricted by unavailability of GSM network coverage
• Push to Talk allows users to connect quickly and directly to a single or multiple users at the push of a button
• There is no need to dial and wait for a user, as in the case of a normal voice call
• Personnel tracking and location finding via GPS. Majority of our devices can be located via GPS
• PTT allows groups of workers to keep in constant touch with the team and is not geographically limited other than where the GSM networks do not have coverage
• PTT phones can be also fitted with earpieces for hands free communication or optionally be
paired with Bluetooth devices
• Large numbers of temporary staff can be given mobile handsets for short periods. Phones can be configured for data-only use so that PTT will continue to work but will not allow GSM phone calls
• No unexpected phone bills
• It is secure because only a known device can access the network via an APN and all data is encrypted over a secure GSM network
• No dialing, ringing or waiting
• Simple, efficient and cost-effective
• Increased productivity
• Good audio quality
• Unique features
• Fixed monthly fee for unlimited PTT communication
• GPS Location
• Excellent National Coverage
• Easy to use
• Highly reliable and secure
• Group calling
• Dual SIM cards available
• A great solution between offices and field workers
• Instant voice messages
• A great solution to put the office in contact with field workers
• Month-to-month contracts
Radio Active Communications
Radio Active Communications