Harbec has supported the consumer products, sporting goods, aerospace, transportation, medical, marine, and energy industries. Their core values are sustainability-
To that end, Harbec announces the launch of their Biopolymer Partners Program. Through the Biopolymer Partners Program Harbec is working to connect the dots between sustainable design and manufacturing and materials development and management. Harbec is working with customers who are looking for unique bio-based polymer solutions which can enable their products to reduce or eliminate petroleum-and-
Bob Bechtold, President of Harbec, Inc. stated, “Our Biopolymer Partners Program is our way to bridge two worlds: materials developers and product developers. By linking need with opportunity we are attempting to streamline and accelerate the transition of bio-based polymers into more mainstream products by demonstrating its ability to be successfully integrated within the modern injection molding manufacturing environment. Our goal is to collaborate with and support the long-term growth, innovation, and sustainability objectives of both our vendors and customers. We see the Biopolymer Partners Program as a mutual benefit to our and their business objectives.”
The details of Harbec’s Biopolymer Partners Program includes the following:
• Harbec commits to testing one bag (30 lb. minimum) of biopolymer with one of its injection molded designs at no cost to the supplier.
• Harbec asks that the customer or vendor provide a one bag sample of their biopolymer to Harbec so that they can mold it with one of their in-house designs.
• In return Harbec will send back ½ of the parts that are produced for inspection and use, including the processing parameters of the part.
• Harbec will keep ½ of the parts for mutual marketing objectives.
• Harbec will publish favorable results on its web-site with the key specifications and include links to your business and materials. Please see Harbec’s Biopolymer Information Center for additional information:
• Harbec commits to promoting your material with customers as an option for producing more sustainable parts, and through the use of your specific biopolymer.
• You will have immediate access to Harbec’s capabilities as an option for molding your product and provided access to some of our innovative approaches in sustainable product design, and sustainable manufacturing principles.
In July 2014 Harbec welcomed Eco Bio Plastics Midland, Inc. (EBPM) into its Biopolymer Partners Program. Established in 2011 as a joint venture between Michigan Molecular Institute (MMI) and Tokyo, Japan based Eco Research Institute Ltd (ERI), Eco Bio Plastics Midland is advancing research and developing bio-composites for applications in food, pharmaceutical, industrial, and automotive applications.
Harbec’s Biopolymer Partners Programs offers an option for EBPM to collaborate with other industry leaders to accelerate the use and adoption of biopolymer resins for high quality injection molded parts. Further, as a carbon-neutral manufacturing company, Harbec offers sustainably-
Kyle Volz, Sales and Marketing Coordinator for EBPM states, “Eco Bio Plastics Midland (EBPM) embraces the concept of “WORKING TOGETHER WORKS,” both inside and outside our organization. We are proud to partner with Harbec to supply our innovative bio-polymer resins to help create quality injection molded parts while together fostering a commitment to environmental and social responsibility.”
For more information on the Biopolymer Partners Program at Harbec please contact us, email@example.com.
Founded by Bob Bechtold in 1977, HARBEC’s mission is to provide tightly toleranced prototypes, tooling, machined components and quality injection molded parts in a sustainable manner with a social conscience. They provide superior customer service, satisfaction and timely delivery of custom engineered solutions. HARBEC proudly foster an atmosphere of encouragement and respect for the health and prosperity of their customers, employees, and the global community.
Harbec provides capabilities and solutions for the consumer product, sporting goods, defense/aerospace, transportation, medical, marine, and energy industries. Harbec has capabilities in the use of innovative materials, problem-solving, and working with R&D and commercial organizations on unique prototypes or engineering and manufacturing groups on high volume production. HARBEC has capabilities for short (1-to-100 parts) or longer run (>1MM parts) production.
HARBEC is certified as an ITAR, ISO9000-2008, ISO14001, and ISO50001/SEP Company, demonstrating its use of “ecoeconomic”