The application procedure has been simplified as TCNs will be required to submit only one application to the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs at Evans Building, St Elmo Place, Valletta.
This means that employers do not have to submit applications for their TCN employees. Nevertheless the employers must previously endorse the application.
This single-application procedure is available to all TCNs except those who fall within these categories:
- TCNs who are awaiting or have been granted protection and beneficiaries of either international or national protection.
- TCNs who have long-term resident status.
- TCNs who are self-employed workers.
- TCNs who are students recognized under the Student Regulations (Legal Notice 29 of 2008)
- TCNs working in Malta for up to 6 months only.
- TCNs working in Malta on the basis of a visa.
- Posted TCN workers and intra-corporate transferees.
The above will continue to require 2 separate procedures at ETC and Citizenship.
Are you a TCN and interested in relocating to Malta and wish further information on this procedure? Contact our Legal Advisor, Josef Cachia on email@example.com for more info.