PRLog - July 25, 2014 - DARIYAGANJ, India -- Written by the former Course Manager of one of the foremost golf courses in India, Chandigarh Golf Club; set against the backdrop of the famed architect Corbusier's beautiful city Chandigarh and located in the foothills of the Himalayas.
Golf Course Upkeep
The book is exhaustive and well laid out in 14 chapters and covers the following key issues:
• Golf and its origin, the layout of a course, handicapping system, the game as it is played, and golf etiquette.
• Varieties of grass used on courses in India, common weeds, insect and turf diseases and their control and methods of fertilization.
• Construction and care of greens, fairways, tees and bunkers.
• Setting up and management of manual and automated sprinkler systems.
• Assorted modern machinery essential for upkeep of the course.
• Arboriculture and landscaping.
• Facilities and ancillaries required along with man management.
• Some useful tips as a ready reckoner.
• Suitably embellished with photographs.
A must read for all keen Course Managers and Members of the Management entrusted with looking after a golf course.
The book is published by QuillsInk.com and is available in Print and eBook edition through major online retailers worldwide.