The athletic apparel and footwear market in Europe has emerged as one of the growing markets in the world due to increasing sports participation of the people, rising health awareness and growing disposable incomes. The market has registered a CAGR of 5.4% during 2008-2013 by rising from USD ~ million in 2008 to USD ~ million in 2013. China is the major supplier of sports clothing in Europe with ~% of the total athletic apparel import from the developing nations in the region in 2012.
Athletic apparel segment commanded the largest share of ~% share of the total athletic apparel and footwear sales in the region in 2013 which has risen from ~% in 2008 followed by athletic footwear which grew from USD ~ million in 2008 to USD ~ million in 2013. Western Europe comprising of countries such as Germany, the UK, France and others accounted for the highest share of ~% of the total sales of athletic apparel and footwear in Europe in 2013, followed by countries such as Russia, Poland and others of the Eastern European region which accounted for ~% of the athletic wear in Europe during the same year. Rich sporting tradition and high rate of participation in sports have driven the sportswear market in Eastern Europe over the years. The sportswear market in Czech Republic was estimated to be USD ~ million in 2009, growing at a rate of 1.3% over the period 2005-2009. Sports apparel contributed nearly USD ~ million of the total sportswear market revenue in 2009.
Adidas, Nike, Puma, Asics and others including K-Swiss, LiNing and others are some of the major players in the Europe athletic apparel and footwear market. The top 4 players accounted for ~% share in the total market in 2013.
There have been constant innovations and technological advancements in the field of athletic apparel and footwear market in order to provide the customers performance driven, comfortable and advanced sportswear. The increasing sports participation, shifting trend of sportswear to casual wear, rising health consciousness among people, has led companies to produce advanced athletic apparel and footwear meeting the needs of the customers.
The future of the Athletic apparel and footwear industry is expected to be favorable on account of rapidly growing social awareness regarding health benefits of playing sports, rising disposable income which will contribute to the demand for high performance sportswear in the near term and rising sports participation in Europe. The market is projected to reach USD 93 billion by 2018 growing at a CAGR of 6.2 % over the period 2013-2018
Key Topics Covered in the report:
· Market Size of Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market by Sales Value, Production Value and Volume Sales
· Value Chain of Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market
· Market Segmentation of Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market by Western and Eastern Europe, 2008-2013
· Market Segmentation of Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market by Demand from Men, Women and Children, 2008-2013
· Import Value of Athletic Apparels in Europe and Destinations involved
· Trends and Developments in Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market
· SWOT Analysis and Porter’s Five Force Analysis
· Competitive Landscape of Major Players in Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market
· Future Outlook and Projections in Europe Athletic Apparel and Footwear Market, 2014-2018
Browse and Download Report Here - http://www.kenresearch.com/