Mountainsong Galleries To Hold Month-Long Fundraiser for the Housing Resource Center to support services for local Homeless Veterans
Throughout August, 10% of All Proceeds From Two Artists that Focus on War Art --James Dietz and William Williams— Will Benefit the Housing Resource Center (HRC)
CARMEL BY THE SEA (July 2014) -- August 2014 the world will mark the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War. Mountainsong Galleries in Carmel-by-the-
· Hold a month-long fundraiser throughout the month of August for the Housing Resource Center and the work they are doing to help local Veterans.
· The Housing Resource Center provides a range of emergency housing assistance, financial assistance and supportive services that promote housing stability. HRC connects Veterans and their family members to both VA and mainstream services such as mental health care and other benefits. Other services that HRC provides for Veterans include temporary financial assistance for rent payments, utility payments, security deposits, moving costs and transportation. www.HRCMontereyCounty.org
· 10% of the proceeds from all James Dietz and William Williams paintings sold throughout the month of August will benefit the Housing Resource Center.
· Art can be purchased online at www.amazon.com/
Mountainsong Galleries on Ocean Avenue in Carmel-by-the-
Save the Dates:
The gallery has announced a series of upcoming exhibitions from July – October 2014 including the First in the World OPA Masters Only Show in July. Save the dates for these upcoming exhibitions. (all receptions are open to the public with an RSVP)
· First in the World OPA Masters Only Show: July 25 - August 24
· Opening Reception July 25 5:00 - 8:00 All OPA Masters
· Oil Painters of America Western Regional Show: August 30 - September 30
· Opening Reception August 30 5:00 - 8:00
· The list of artists who have been juried into this event has not yet been made public.
· Huihan Liu & Weizhen Liang - Couples Show: October 4 - October 31
· Opening Reception October 4 5:00 - 7:00
· Huihan Liu, AISM, OPAM and his wife Weizhen Liang, AISM
Details on Mountainsong Galleries:
· Private Viewings By Appointment - Call 831-233-8255
· Hours of Operation Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 – 6 and Sunday 12-6 (Closed Tuesday and Wednesday)
The Housing Resource Center of Monterey County is an independent, nonprofit housing agency. For 30 years HRC has provided housing resources from homeless prevention to home ownership to enable households to access affordable housing opportunities. HRC fosters community stability, stronger communities, and personal economic empowerment through education, advocacy, counseling and services.
HRC is a United Way Certified Partner Agency and the only HUD-approved housing counseling agency on the Central Coast. For more information, please contact Leila Emadin, Executive Director, at 831-424-9186.
Background on Artists:
Featured Artist James Dietz
James Dietz great collection of impressive WWI paintings are on display at Mountainsong Galleries in Carmel-by-the-
A historical painting stands or falls on how well it depicts the story it is attempting to illustrate, and how convincingly it combines the people, their actions, costumes, surroundings and atmosphere in an appropriate composition. A good historical painting uses all of these elements to tell the major story and perhaps a second subtext. Both are driven by how interesting the situation is that the artist is attempting to render. How the viewer reacts to a great painting transcends its immediate story and strikes a deeper chord, one that hopefully evolves and changes as the viewer contemplates the art over time.
It is this last and most worthy goal to which artists like James Dietz aspire. In his portrait of events in the 20th and 21st Centuries, he labors to achieve that rare combination of historical fact and the romance, adventure and color of fiction.
Born in San Francisco, Jim graduated from Art Center College of Design in 1969. He had a successful illustration career in Los Angeles and New York, with a steady flow of work ranging from automobile ads, movie posters, and romantic and historical/action book covers.
By 1978, Jim and his wife had moved to Seattle, where Jim’s work gradually shifted away from commercial illustration to primarily historical aviation, automotive and military art. Today his work is internationally known and collected, and his style, with its emphasis on depth of story, is recognized by collectors of historical art. His list of clients includes: Boeing, Bell Helicopter, Federal Express, Allison, Cessna, Flying Tigers, the Indianapolis 500, BMW, the National Guard and many U.S. Army associations: