Microsoft® Lync - one of the most popular unified communications tools on the market - is a rich client application that provides presence, instant messaging, voice, video, ad hoc collaboration and online meeting capabilities through a single interface.
Peter Menadue, Dimension Data’s Group GM for Microsoft Solutions says, “While the Lync business for Microsoft is growing 30% year on year and advanced workloads like voice growing even faster, globally there are still millions of enterprise employees who would benefit from Lync.
“A 2013 study carried out by the T3i Group on the Impact of Microsoft Lync on the Enterprise Voice Market- 2013 (http://www.microsoft.com/
”While these target numbers are impressive, what’s particularly exciting for Dimension Data is that we’re targeting all delivery models as part of this initiative. These include:
· Mature markets where there’s a desire to enable knowledge workers to communicate easily wherever they are,
· Emerging markets where many organisations are leapfrogging traditional communications tools – particularly where existing infrastructure may be immature, and the desire to drive down cost and prepare for as-a-service is relevant across all markets.
”Our experience, together with our long history of working with Microsoft over the past 10 years ensures we’ll meet the one million target,” adds Menadue.
A Lync blog (http://blogs.technet.com/
According to Giovanni Mezgec, General Manager, Lync Marketing at Microsoft,“In today’s highly competitive, global business environment, teams need to collaborate more closely than ever before. Lync brings the future of communication to the enterprise by connecting employees, partners, and customers wherever they are. Only Lync delivers a complete unified communications solution, while giving people a consistent experience for presence, IM, voice, and video across PCs, Macs, phones, and browsers. This makes communicating easier while reducing costs and increasing productivity.”
Other benefits of converging communications with Microsoft Lync include:
· The reduction of costs of traditional phone calls and the elimination the cost of conferencing services;
· Less business travel thanks to video conferencing;
· Enterprises will no longer have to maintain a separate telephony infrastructure;
· With Lync available on-premises, in the cloud, or as a hybrid solution, enterprises have the option to evolve their IT at the pace they choose.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. www.dimensiondata.com
OAK Consulting FZ LLC