As the nature of criminal investigations become more challenging and complex – it becomes all the more important for investigators of all ranks to be provided with practical skills and techniques backed up by current thinking and national policy on how to successfully approach members of the public in distress who might want to take their own life. Crime prevention is also becoming an important aspect of the criminal investigation process.
This unique ‘must attend’ workshop will be led by serving investigator Ian Trantum who is a national lead for suicide prevention and hostage negotiation and has worked on hundreds of cases involving people at risk of suicide.
The day will cover:
• A step by step approach of how to deal with situations where a person is at risk of suicide including advice on how to effectively engage with the subject when they are at their most vulnerable
• Tips on what to avoid doing and saying in often heated situations
• A look at past cases involving people who were at risk of suicide and a look at how the investigator managed to prevent the suicide occurring
• How to deal with a situation where the person in distress takes their own life despite the best efforts of the investigator
Cost: 1 delegate: £155.00
• Workshop runs from 10.30am till 3.15pm (Registration starts at 10am)
• Certificates of attendance available
• A buffet lunch will be served
How do book delegate places
Email the delegate name(s), email address(s), accounts payable email address and telephone number and invoice address to: email@example.com
Please note that many police forces/organisations will only pay our invoices if a purchase order number is included, please check with your accounts department. Payment can be made by credit card.
A booking confirmation will then be sent with an invoice for payment.
Venue address: Green Park Training & Conference Centre, Stablebridge Road, Aston Clinton, (Near Aylesbury), Buckinghamshire, HP22 5NE
Tel: 0844 660 8707 E: conferences@