The criteria for the award bestowed by the national organization included:
1. Demonstrating successful leadership and service at a chapter and/or regional level
2. Volunteering for a variety of projects and/or committees
3. Initiating projects/events to benefit the chapter and community as a whole
4. Exemplifying professionalism
5. Promoting ALA and the legal administration field
6. Mentoring others and fosters member engagement
7. Demonstrating and promoting respect and inclusion
Goforth was selected from numerous nominations from the tri-state western region for her tireless commitment to the local chapter. Within the Las Vegas chapter, she has served in several board positions, including president. Under her leadership, the chapter increased its membership and sponsorships. Currently, she is serving as a director and on the chapter’s managing partner forum committee.
The Las Vegas ALA Chapter was admitted to membership in the Association of Legal Administrators in December of 1980. The national organization was founded to provide support to professionals involved in the management of law firms, corporate legal departments and government legal agencies.
About Kolesar & Leatham
Founded in 1986, Kolesar & Leatham is a full-service, business-based law firm practicing in the areas of banking, bankruptcy, real property, administrative law, business and corporate law, commercial litigation, gaming, construction law, civil litigation, insurance defense, environmental law, professional liability, government affairs, tax law and tax litigation. One of the largest independent law firms in Nevada, Kolesar & Leatham represents a variety of clients with business and corporate interests around the world at the local, national and international levels. For information, call 702-362-7800 or visit www.klnevada.com.