Smart Pop is the pop culture imprint of Dallas-based publisher BenBella Books. Our mission is to publish smart, fresh nonfiction anthologies and other titles on television, books, and film, and as of this year we’ve published over 60, on topics ranging from Firefly to Divergent, the Hunger Games to Veronica Mars.
In addition to the signings and giveaways listed below, we’ll be giving away copies of our FREE 2014 Smart Pop Preview, an annual publication that gives a sneak peek at our latest books, through advance chapters and other material. It’s the perfect introduction to Smart Pop, if you’re unfamiliar; it’s also just a great way to help pass the time in those notoriously long Comic-Con lines. If you won’t be at the convention, you can immediately download a free copy on NetGalley.
Our contributors over the years have been New York Times bestselling authors, television writers, psychologists, philosophers and all-around talented writers, including David Brin, Ellen Hopkins, Cassandra Clare, Todd McCaffrey, Ray Kurzweil, Cory Doctorow, Jennifer Crusie, Lawrence Block, Dennis Lehane, Jane Espenson, Scott Westerfeld, and many more.
Signings at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con (all in booth #4300)
Friday, July 25, from 1-1:30pm
Rosemary Clement-Moore, Debra Driza, and Janine K. Spendlove, will sign copies of Divergent Thinking: YA Authors on Veronica Roth’s Divergent Trilogy
Saturday, July 26, from 10-11am
Amber Benson (Tara from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Heidi Tandy (Heidi8), will sign copies of Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over the World
· Buttons! Smart Pop buttons in bright colors, with “smart,” “geek,” and “nerd” on each.
· T-shirts and tote bags
· Promotional buttons for our anthologies on the Hunger Games, the Divergent series, Ender’s Game, and the Mortal Instruments series
· Signed copies of our Veronica Mars anthology, Neptune Noir (signed by none other than VM creator Rob Thomas!), along with promotional magnifying glasses
· A never-before-
· Promotional patches for YA novel The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant
· Magnets, bookmarks, and more!
Connect with us before, during, and after the show:
Are you a member of the media, or a pop culture club, group, or organization?
We’d love to take a few minutes at the show, to connect and discuss future partnerships with you!
Email Jennifer Canzoneri, to schedule a brief time to chat at the show.