If you would like review one of the nights for our July jazz schedule, please contact Marci Bracco at email@example.com or call (831) 747-7455 and she will schedule a reserved table and small bites for you to enjoy.
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa Get’s Jazzy This July
New Jazz Schedule Announced
MONTEREY, CA -- He’s Dr. David Morwood, a plastic surgeon extraordinaire by day and by evening he is Dr. Jazz. Morwood is the jazz director at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa as well as the house drummer. Every Friday night at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa Morwood cuts the snare drum with the precision of a surgeon. The Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey has become one of the most sought-after spots for Monterey Bay area nightlife on weekend nights and Sunday mornings. The Lounge features the soothing sounds of jazz provided by Dr. David Thomas Morwood, Marshall Otwell and various guest performers along with a menu of small plates and appetizers, signature cocktails and an extensive wine list highlighting wines from Italy and California
All jazz events at the Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey are complimentary. Jazz times are 7:00 pm Friday and Saturday. Stop by and enjoy live jazz, a glass of award winning Monterey County wine and great appetizers and wood fired pizzas.
· Friday 4 July - Mike Renwick guitar and vocals, Pete Lips bass, David Morwood drums. Ever the entertainer, get ready for this high energy singer/guitarist doing jazz to funk and everything in between!
· Saturday 5 July - Gary Meek sax, Pete Lips bass, David Morwood drums - Gary has toured and recorded with many great artists such as Dionne Warwick, Al Jerreau, Brian Bromberg and many others
· Friday 11 July - San Antonio Ave South Project featuring Mike Lent guitar, Gary Meek sax, Pete Lips bass, David Morwood drums continuing to celebrate their latest recording "Falling in Love in Monterey" this all-star quartet is not to be missed by any jazz fan!
· Saturday 12 July - Roger Eddy sax, David Morwood drums, and friends - Roger's tenor saxophone rich sound makes all the music sound good from jazz to pop to blues!
· Friday 18 July - the Tearin' T Notes - Paul Tarrantino, Gino Raugi, Billy Bosch, David Morwood - bebop to hard bop to post bop this swingin' hard band features none other than Paul Tarrantino on sax
· Saturday 19 July - Power Jazz Trio with Mike Lent guitar, Gary Meek keyboards, David Morwood drums. Mike is on a brief break from touring with Barry Manilow after playing on Broadway, in Las Vegas, and making multiple television appearances
· Friday 25 July - Gino Raugi guitar, Paul Tarantino sax, Billy Bosch bass, David Morwood drums - Gino makes the music feel good for everyone in our newly decorated Fireplace Lounge - music for dancing, dining, drinking, and just plain listening
· Saturday 26 July - Hyatt Regency Monterey Diva Night - we feature some of the finest (and youngest!) Divas from far and wide including the trio of Miranda, Allison, and Shaquira! Join us and cheer for your favorite Diva!
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel& Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Nestled in 22 acres of soaring Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a destination resort providing the discerning traveler the quintessential Monterey experience. Its location offers guests close proximity to downtown Monterey and Monterey Airport and easy access to some of the Peninsula’s most well known attractions. With its warm, contemporary ambiance, elegant furnishings and convenient amenities, the hotel offers both leisure and business travelers a Northern California respite of unmatched serenity and comfort. Features include 550 guestrooms including 32 suites, and the President’s house, TusCA Ristorante, Knuckles Sports Bar, Fireplace Lounge, personalized concierge service at the Regency Club, a 2,000 square foot fitness facility, tennis courts, pools and whirlpools, and 12,000 square foot full service spa. The hotel is located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey, California. For information call (831) 372-1234 or visit www.hyattregencymonterey.com/