Wet rooms have long been popular in Europe and Asia as a result of tight square footage, but its one-level design has made it an ideal solution for universal design here in the U.S. When comparing wet rooms to traditional bathrooms, significant differences include:
· In a wet room, the entire bathroom acts as the enclosure instead of an enclosed showering space. Although a separate enclosure can be included if desired by the homeowner.
· The sleek tile walls and floor of a wet room allows for more shower space.
· Lack of barriers makes it easy for wheelchair-bound homeowners to roll into their shower, instead of going through the hassle of getting out.
· A wet room is easier to clean.
· Wet rooms can be created in very small bathroom spaces (even smaller than 5’x7’).
· Wet rooms can offer a spa-like experience which can even include heated tile floors.
An important factor when renovating a home with a wet room is that a portion of the walls and the entire floor must be waterproofed. Innovate Building Solutions has wet room installation and waterproofing experts at two Bath Doctor branches located in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. For homeowners looking to tackle the project themselves, Innovate Building Solutions has two wet room installation kits that are easy to install and offer superior waterproofing protection.
For more information on wet room remodeling services, call 877-668-5888 or visit http://www.innovatebuildingsolutions.com.