The daring adventures each set out to achieve the extraordinary in the world’s wildest places. Applications are open to anyone with an active lifestyle and a sense of adventure.
Tom Bodkin, the adventure travel company’s director, said, “Our international team members don’t seek to tick the usual boxes; their bucket-lists are more ambitious. They’ve challenged us to create some bold and unique adventures for 2014-15, and here they are.
1. Kamchatka (07/14): trek to climb active volcanoes on a remote Siberian peninsula.
2. Afghanistan (07/14): a high-altitude exploration of the Wakhan National Park.
3. Malawi (08/14): a trek to summit the country’s 3000m+ Mount Mulanje.
4. Ethiopia (10/14): a recce-styled MTB exploration of the Simien Range (UNESCO).
5. Kilimanjaro (10/14): aiding wounded soldiers on a ‘Grand Slam’ summit attempt.
6. Arunachal Pradesh (11/14): a remote and exploratory trek in the Indian Himalayas.
7. Panama (04/15): trek the notorious Darien Gap jungles hunting for petroglyphs.
8. Iraqi Kurdistan (04/15): winter mountaineering trek to the region’s highest peaks.
9. Sierra Leone (05/15): a pack-raft descent of the Moa river, from Guinea to the coast.
10. Kyrgyzstan (09/15): a recce-styled MTB expedition to explore the Talas Range.
· Bespoke/filming projects are also underway in Mongolia, Namibia and Greenland.
A returning expedition team member, Christine Amour-Levar, said, “You don’t often come across a company that shares the same vision and the same commitment to living life to the fullest – outside your comfort zone – while pushing your limits and going beyond the ordinary. Secret Compass is that kind of company.”
With its military background, Secret Compass is adept at planning projects in extreme climates and terrains. Journeys to post-conflict zones that may otherwise be off-limits are made possible through their professionally conducted expeditions.
Marketing director Kerry O’Neill said, “When conducted carefully and sensitively, with skilled UK-based staff and assistance from local experts, expeditions to Afghanistan’
“We take our team members’ safety extremely seriously, doing everything we can to mitigate and manage risks. Many team members have travelled with us before, and their positive experiences are leading other adventurers to our door through word of mouth.
Places on each expedition are limited to 12. With few other companies operating in many Secret Compass expedition countries, teams often fill up rapidly so early application is advise
For further information and links, visit the Secret Compass journal today.
For further press information contact Kerry O’Neill, Kerry@secretcompass.com or visit Secret Compass In the Media: http://secretcompass.com/
------- ends -------
NOTES TO EDITORS
Secret Compass is a pioneering expedition company creating world-first experiences for teams of like-minded adventurers. Through group and bespoke adventures, Secret Compass helps each team member achieve the extraordinary in the world’s wildest places. Founded by ex-British Army Parachute Regiment officers, its expeditions reach the planet’s most remote regions in the spirit of exploration’
Specialist Film and TV services
Secret Compass also takes film crews, journalists and photographers to remote and previously inaccessible areas thanks to its unrivalled location management expertise. Clients to date include the BBC, National Geographic, Animal Planet and Channel 4, in countries from Afghanistan to Uzbekistan.