The Alila Hotel & Resorts Group Director of Spas and Development, Steve Jeisman shares his summer tips from Alila Living for damaged or dry hair and sun kissed skin.
Avocado & Coconut Hair Smoothie
For reviving sun damaged and dry hair, an intense antioxidant treatment designed to detoxify, balance and hydrate the scalp delivering the optimum environment for new hair growth and a healthier looking scalp. “Healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp, but occasionally the trials of everyday life can easily put our hair and scalp out of balance. The Avocado & Coconut Hair Smoothie is an earthy, grounding, herbal concoction designed to help repair hair by increasing blood flow to the hair follicle ensuring a perfect youthful glow,” noted Steve.
· Avocado oil is beneficial in treating frequently chemically processed hair. It is high in nutrients such as amino acids and vitamins A, B, D and E, all of which help repair and support hair and scalp health.
· Coconut oil frequently used throughout the Asia Pacific region for both food and medicinal purposes helps the healthy growth of hair and provides a shiny complexion.
· Rosemary essential oil stimulates hair follicles and growth, in addition to slowing down or premature hair loss.
PRICE 100ml for AED56 (USD 15)
Cucumber & Aloe Facial Cleanser
For sun kissed skin, this facial cleanser is a delightfully-
· Cucumber Seed oil is rich in both oleic and linoleic acids helping the skin prevent moisture loss and promoting elasticity.
PRICE 150ml for AED83 (USD 22.50)
Indian Fig Dream Cream
For nourishing skin, this cream is an effective moisturiser with excellent repairing, antioxidant and anti-aging properties. The cream protects, balances, repairs and hydrates all skin types. “It is perfect for summer months as the cream leaves a dry matt finish. For an extra cool summer treat, keep it in the fridge,” noted Steve.
· The star ingredient, Tamarind (aka Indian fig), is rich in organic acids and is an antiseptic, anti-allergy, and skin tightening; excellent anti-freckle and anti-aging remedy.
· Vanilla is a premiere aphrodisiac, warming and gently stimulating.
· Aloe vera has been used for thousands of years as a healing and medicinal plant. Men particularly appreciate this product as a soothing and repairing after-shave moisturiser that helps to heal razor burn, small cuts and nicks.
PRICE 65ml for AED101 (USD 27.50)
All products are available for purchase at Alila Jabal Akhdar, other Alila Hotels & Resorts and online http://www.shopalila.com/
ABOUT ALILA JABAL AKHDAR
Alila Jabal Akhdar is dramatically perched on a mountain side overlooking a stunning gorge with sensational views of the Al Hajar Mountains. Perched 2000 metres above sea level, the resort provides a literal breath of fresh air, dramatic views, supreme access to one of Oman’s most spectacular and undiscovered areas and an epic sense of peace and wellbeing. Alila Jabal Akhdar is only a 2.5 hour drive from Muscat, and is accessible by four wheel drive vehicles. This destination resort’s launch marks the first step into the Middle East for Alila Hotels & Resorts - the renowned hotel management group operating in India and the Asia Pacific region. www.Alilahotels.com/
Alila Hotels and Resorts offer stylish, relaxing environments with surprisingly different lifestyle concepts and guest experiences that are continuously redefined by the latest developments in design and living. The Alila Experience is centered on building unique “emotional moments" between the guest, the hotel and destination. The name Alila is derived from Sanskrit meaning ‘surprise’
Alila Villas represent Alila’s new generation of ultra-luxurious yet sustainable developments in some of the most spectacular locations offering an unprecedented level of private space, design and architecture, personalized hospitality and destination experiences that set it apart. Designed by award-winning teams of architects, interior designers and artisans, an Alila Villas project is the only brand that is designed, built and operated to Earth Check standards - integrating the natural, physical & cultural elements of its environment.