Here is the interview with FindURClass (http://www.findurclass.com):
1) Let’s go back to the days when Shaolin Kung Fu Centre had just started. How has the experience been throughout?
RK: Initially, we didn’t get a great response as expected. The awareness was very less about the art and most of the people would term our practice as Judo or Karate. They would think all the styles are the same. It took some time and now people can clearly distinguish between the different forms of the art.
2) You have always shown an obligation towards society. What motivates you to give back to society?
RK: I am extremely passionate about Martial Arts and especially Kung Fu. It is the sole motivating factor which makes me able to spread the message to as many people as possible. The fact is I have received so much contentment from this. The only way to give it back is to spread more awareness about Kung Fu.
3) What additional benefits do Martial Arts provide us with other than Self-defence?
RK: Self defence is a by-product. Practice of any martial art enhances one’s reflex responses, alertness and most important of it all brings centering and aligns you with your inner ‘Chi’ flow.
4) Which parameters help us to choose a particular form of Martial Arts?
RK: Basically, there are no such parameters. it is entirely an individual’s choice. Just like how one would be interested in badminton and other in tennis, it’s same about Martial Arts.
5) Every teacher-student relationship is unique & special; can you describe your relationship with your students?
RK: This is something that I am very emotional about. Yes, my relationship with my students is something that I treasure and cherish the most.
6) Should one take up Martial Arts as a hobby? Why?
RK: The word ‘Should’ is not necessary, one can pursue other hobbies too. But looking at the advantages, it helps at many levels to help shape one’s personality. I personally feel that everybody should have some experience and knowledge about it.
7) What does it take to become a pro in Martial Arts?
RK: Love, Passion and Total Dedication. When you are wholly and solely dedicated to it, that’s when you are practicing the art to the hilt.
8) Besides educating others & teaching them Martial arts, what are your other hobbies/interests?
RK: I also take interest in music and dancing. While I am telling you this, it makes me realize how deeply connected I am with my first love – Shaolin Kung Fu.
9) Any special tips you want to share with us & your students?
RK: Yes, the path of Kung Fu is not easy. What I mean to say is, in every individual’s there may come many ups & downs which can make you less focused towards this art. So despite of all odds, stick to your practice and never give up!
10) Lastly, how has your association with FindURClass been till date?
RK: Thanks a lot to FindURClass.com, for supporting me till completely. I am very happy with your response.
By now, it is clear that with passion, hardwork & self motivation you can take charge of your life & change it by leaps & bounds. Come in contact with your inner ‘Chi’ flow – the power of life. Live life with every breath!