The #GlobalStudentScholarship contest is aimed at US International Students — undergraduates and graduates— who want to succeed in the American classroom, make American friends and gain internships and jobs at firms such as GoldmanSachs, PWC, Marriott, JP Morgan Chase, etc.
Three scholarships will be awarded:
· $6500 Scholarship to Institute for Global Student Success™ Full-Year Program
· $3250 Scholarship to Institute for Global Student Success™ Full-Year Program
· $1500 Scholarship to Institute for Global Student Success™ Full-Year Program
Participants should submit a short video for their chance to win an IGSS scholarship to our year-long program starting in August 2014 in New York City. They can simply record themselves answering one of the following sets of questions:
· What has been the toughest challenge you have faced since coming to study in the US and how do you think the Institute for Global Student Success can help you? (for current students)
· What are your biggest concerns about coming to study in the US and how do you think the Institute for Global Student Success can help alleviate some of these issues? (for incoming students)
· What are your biggest concerns as your child goes to study in the United States and what do you think are the benefits of enrolling your child in to the Institute for Global Student Success? (for parents of incoming students)
Once recorded, participants can upload to the video sharing platform of their choice - YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Instagram, etc. Then the video must be shared with us on Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn using hashtag #GlobalStudentScholarship.
Student videos must be in English. Parents can submit a video in their native language. Videos can be up to 90 seconds long. You may submit more than one entry. However, each entry must be unique and different from any other entry submitted.
The #GlobalStudentScholarship competition is a call to action to ensure that international students understand the challenges and opportunities they will face and that organizations such as the Institute for Global Student Success™ can help international students gain a competitive edge versus other students and achieve their objectives.
“As I teach at Wharton and NYU, I have seen that international students, no matter how smart or how well they do on SATs, TOEFL, GMATs etc tend to struggle a bit,” said Alan Kerzner, founder, Chief Executive Officer and faculty of the Institute for Global Student Success™. “Most international students do not realize this until they have wasted their first semester or first year in the US. We want students to understand the challenges and take the necessary actions to be very successful from day 1.”
The contest entry period begins at 9:00 a.m. EST on June 13, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on July 6, 2014. The winners will be announced on July 11, 2014 at 3:00pm EST via the Institute for Global Student Success™ (IGSS) website and other social media pages operated by IGSS during the same period, at their sole discretion. Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of IGSS judges who will evaluate each entry based on insight and overall genuine impression.
For more information about our 2014/2015 full-year program visit: https://globalstudentsuccess.com/
About the Institute for Global Student Success™
The Institute for Global Student Success™ holds year-long programs for undergraduate and graduate students in any major from any country. Led by faculty from the Wharton School, New York University and the University of Pennsylvania, IGSS provides international students with the skills, connections and experiences to succeed. Past enrollees have gained internships and jobs at Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, PWC, Marriott, Cigna Insurance, Yingke international law firm, Oxford University Publishing and other leading firms. Many IGSS enrollees claim that the program has changed their lives, encouraging them to go outside their comfort zones, dream bigger and achieve those dreams.
Institute for Global Student Success
Institute for Global Student Success