Unlike the 90 minute blockbusters that bombard the senses into submission rather than engage them, Lisa’s new book unleashes the best of both worlds: a thrilling Urban fantasy that doesn't come at the expense of character development.
According to Llamrei, the Celtic backdrop against which Reflections of the Gods (http://www.lisallamrei.com/)
“I find inspiration in folklore and ancient myths. Irish folklore is especially intriguing, in part because much of it is still a living tradition in Ireland today," says Lisa, who has been enamoured with historical fiction since she was a young girl. "There’s no limit to what you can do with these characters, and writing stories in which mythological beings interact with humans is just a natural extension of stories that have been around for centuries. And the beauty of the written medium is that it allows for the kind of depth that you just can't get from cramming a story into a 90-minute time frame."
Following in the footsteps of established Urban fantasy writers Laurell K. Hamilton and Kim Harrison, Llamrei is fast becoming a top author in this genre aimed at adult readers, setting her story in Toronto and Kells, Ontario.
Lisa Llamrei is based in the Toronto area, and her debut has been rapidly accumulating honours, the most recent of which was being a finalist in the 2014 International Book Awards (http://www.internationalbookawards.com/
To book an interview contact
Rachel Sentes, Publicist, 604-366-7846 firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Interview Questions:
1. You set much of your story in Kells, Ontario- what connection do you have to that location?
2. Why did you choose Irish mythology as your focus for the book?
3. Strong female characters seem to dominate most successful Urban Fantasy books, why do you think that is?
4. You were involved in a Writer’s Community in Durham. How did that benefit you in writing this book?
5. You are currently writing a new book in the same genre. What is it about this type of genre that is appealing to you?