“We are incredibly honored to have been chosen to host the 2014 JCC Maccabi Games®, and we are beyond excited to share the entire Games experience with the South Florida and Boca Raton community,” said Randy Colman, Executive Director of the Levis JCC. “It has been more than a decade since Boca Raton last hosted the Games and all of the Jewish teen athletes from cities across our country and around the world. We hope everyone in our community will share in the excitement by serving as a host family or a volunteer!”
The JCC Maccabi Games® will take place in Boca Raton from Sunday, August 10 to Friday, August 15, 2014. To register, sign-up and/or learn more, please visit www.jccmaccabigames.org/
Details and requirements on becoming a volunteer and/or hose family are as follows:
Be a Volunteer
· One-thousand volunteers ages 18 (21 for evening activities) or over are needed to work with professional staff of JCC Maccabi Games® in planning and facilitating Games.
· Opportunities are diverse and endless in terms of type of activity, expertise, location/facility, time commitment, etc.
· Specific tasks and needs include: greeting hotel visitors, keeping score at games, delivering water and ice, serving as doctors and nurses, and performing dozens of other jobs.
· No religious affiliation or self-identification is required for volunteers.
Be a Host Family
· Approximately 400 local Jewish host families are needed the week of August 10-15, 2014 to make visiting athletes feel at home.
· Host families provide housing for at least two visiting athletes, as well as breakfast daily and two dinners, transportation (morning drop-off and evening pick-up), daily access to laundry facilities, and a fun evening on Host Family Night (Tuesday, August 12).
About the JCC Maccabi Games®
JCC Maccabi Games® kicked off in 1982 with a big mission. It was designed in order to: provide Jewish youth with a supportive environment that fosters mutual respect and sportsmanship, where they can interact in an atmosphere of fun, democracy, and peace; cultivate a deeper understanding and instill an appreciation of Jewish values within Jewish youth, enrich their Jewish identity in an informal setting, and encourage their identification with the state of Israel; promote and encourage the health, physical fitness and well-being of Jewish youth through participation in recreational and athletic activities; and introduce Jewish youth to the international Maccabi Movement, which presents athletic, cultural, and social opportunities with Jews from around the world. Learn more at www.bocamaccabi.org.
About Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center
Adolph & Rose Levis Jewish Community Center promotes and enhances Jewish culture, heritage and values through educational, spiritual, social, wellness and recreational programs for individuals of all ages. With a preschool, summer camp, family activities, athletics, cultural arts, adult enrichment and special needs programming, as well as a thrift shop for bargain hunters, the Levis JCC offers something for everyone. Learn more at www.levisjcc.org (http://www.levisjcc.org/