PRLog - June 11, 2014 - DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the latest major release of the company’s flagship platform. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 not only lays the foundation for the open hybrid cloud and serves enterprise workloads across converged infrastructures, but it also pushes the operating system beyond today’s position as a commodity platform. Built to meet modern datacenter demands along with next-generation IT requirements, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 powers the spectrum of enterprise IT, from application containers to cloud services.
RHEL 7 Box Shot
Since its introduction more than a decade ago, Red Hat Enterprise Linux has become the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform, and it has set industry standards for performance, capacity, and security. Today, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is a leading force in the enterprise datacenter and in the cloud. More than 90 percent of 2013 Fortune 500 companies, along with organizations in nearly every industry and around the globe, rely on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Bare metal servers, virtual machines, Infrastructure-
Addressing Next-Generation IT Requirements
Enterprise IT does not exist in a static vacuum; technology is dynamic, with new innovations emerging almost daily, promising improved operational efficiencies as well as providing the ability to respond to radically-evolving business requirements. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 offers customers the agility and the flexibility to meet these new needs head-on without increasing complexity, from rapidly delivering new applications via secure, lightweight containers to scaling infrastructure to meet big data requirements with new and enhanced file systems. Key Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 features to address next-generation IT needs include:
· Enhanced application development, delivery, portability and isolation through Linux Containers, including Docker, across physical, virtual, and cloud deployments as well as development, test and production environments.
· Significant file system improvements, including XFS as the default file system, scaling to 500 TB.
· Cross-realm trust to easily enable secure access for Microsoft Active Directory users across Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux domains, providing the flexibility for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to co-exist within heterogeneous datacenters.
· Powerful and secure application runtimes and development, delivery and troubleshooting tools, integrated into the platform and container-ready.
Managing the Modern Datacenter
Beyond providing the capabilities to meet emerging IT innovation, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 also addresses today’s technology needs. With growing requests for complex systems, on-demand services and robust security, IT teams need more control, more clarity and more scalability without having to deploy dozens of specialized tools. Independent of deployment scale, scope or complexity, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 serves as not only a catalyst for enterprise innovation, but also delivers the military-grade security and the mission-critical reliability, as well as the performance, the features and the ease-of-use to efficiently “keep the lights on,” including:
· Innovative infrastructure components like systemd, a leading standard for modernizing the management of processes, services, security and other resources.
· Built-in performance profiles, tuning and instrumentation for optimized performance and easy scalability.
· Unified management tooling and an industry-standard management framework with OpenLMI for streamlined administration and system configuration.
· Enhanced application isolation and security applied via containerization to protect against both unintentional interference and malicious attacks.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Ecosystem
As with all of Red Hat’s enterprise open source solutions, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is backed by Red Hat’s extensive global ecosystem of services and support. Read more (http://www.redhat.com/
Additionally, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 will be supported by Red Hat’s robust hands-on training and certification program, featuring classroom, virtual and on-site team courses. More details about the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 training and certification portfolio will be available soon.
Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies, Red Hat
“Over the course of the last 12 years, Red Hat Enterprise Linux has helped disrupt and define modern enterprise computing. From the Fortune 500 and global stock exchanges to government agencies, web start-ups, and many of the world’s biggest clouds, Red Hat Enterprise Linux has set the standard for the enterprise operating system. With Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, we’re raising the bar again and bringing the next-generation of IT to customers. As the worlds of physical, virtual and cloud systems converge, Red Hat is delivering a true open hybrid cloud platform that gives both ISVs and applications a consistent runtime platform across bare metal systems, virtual machines, and public and private clouds. This will be essential as applications move from on-premises to the cloud.”
 Hype Cycle for Open-Source Software, 2013 – 21 October 2013 G00252545