“This gorgeous rooftop patio is quickly becoming a favourite destination for dinner and drinks” states Sybil Walker, General Manager, the Jazz Bistro. “Featuring a full-service bar, luxurious seating and state of the art audio-visual equipment, The Jazz Cellar offers food and music lovers a place to make their days and nights memorable, escaping the city below on our private patio.”
Executive Chef Brad Macdonald has created summer menus for lunch, brunch and dinner at Jazz Bistro and The Jazz Cellar to provide a culinary experience that matches the creative talent of the performances as well as the refined sophistication of the venue. Chef Macdonald works with Ryerson’s Appletree Farmers Market and local suppliers to source fresh, seasonal produce to compliment his menu.
Some of the highlights of the NEW menu include:
· Gazpacho with Avocado Mousse and Chilled Poached Shrimp ($10)
· Dinosaur Kale Salad with Parmesan, Toasted Pine Nuts, Dried Currant and Lemon Vinaigrette ($9)
· Lobster Tacos with Black Bean Spread, Avocado and Pico Di Gallo ($15)
· Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Flatbread, Tortilla Chips and Toasted Baguette ($12)
· Asian Chicken Salad with Fresh Cucumber and Tomatoes on Chilled Somen Noodles with Sesame Sauce ($14)
· Salade Nicoise: Seared Medium Rare Yellowfin Tuna, Hard Cooked Eggs, Radish, Artichoke Hearts, Tomatoes, Basil and Olives with a Light Vinaigrette on a Bed of Boston Lettuce ($24)
· Pulled Pork Sandwich with Cabbage and Pepper Slaw on a House Baked Kaiser Bun with Choice of Triple Cooked Burbank Russet Frites or Salad ($14)
· Bistro Burger: Choice of House Ground Beef Shortrib Burger or Fresh Ground Organic Chicken with Barbecued Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Aged Gouda, House Baked Brioche Bun and Choice of Triple Cooked Burbank Russet Frites or Salad ($16)
· Spaghetti lightly spiced with fresh chili, cherry tomatoes, basil and house made fresh goat milk ricotta ($16)
· Wild Pacific Halibut with Creamed Corn, Bacon, Grilled Onion, Potatoes and French Beans
with Red Pepper Relish ($24)
· Jazz Torte: Chocolate Dobos Sponge, Pecan Praline Buttercream, Dolce de Leche Mousse and Vanilla Cardamom Ice Cream ($9)
· Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet Rhubarb Gelee, Diplomat Cream and Almond Crunch ($9)
· Caramel and Hazelnut Tart with Gianuja Ganache and Franjelico Ice Cream ($9)
· Rhubarb Fizz: Rhubarb Simple Syrup, Prosecco ($10)
· Dubonet a l’Orange: Dubonet Rouge, Fresh Orange Juice, Sparkling Water ($10)
· Winter’s Revival: Absolut Vodka, Coconut Water, Earl Grey Simple Syrup, Lemon Juice ($10)
· Pink Negroni: Beefeater Gin, Campari, Lillet Blanc and Fresh Orange Juice ($10)
· Pimm’s Cup: Pimms #1, Ginger Beer, Cucumber and Fresh Mint ($10)
· Summer Brandy Alexander: Brandy, Frangelico, Milk and Cinnamon Dust
The Jazz Cellar is fully licensed and offers a wide selection of wines, beers and cocktails: an ideal venue for private functions, from cocktail receptions and private dinners to product launches and birthday parties.
Summer Promotions at The Jazz Cellar:
Take 5 – a selection of $5 drinks every night from 5pm – 7pm The Jazz Cellar rooftop patio is the perfect place to relax after the work day.
Thursday and Friday Night DJ Nights – 9pm – No Cover
Kick back on the rooftop patio and enjoy entertainment from DJ Leo Love with live percussion by Peter B on Thursdays and Craig Domenic and friends on Fridays
Blue Jays Games – 7pm
Show Toronto pride for the Blue Jays and watch the game on one of the large TV screens on The Jazz Cellar rooftop patio! Enter your business card for a chance to win a pair of Blue Jays tickets, one pair of tickets will be up for raffle each month.
The Jazz Cellaron the third floor at the Jazz Bistro:
Lounge: 60 seats
For Dinner: 40 seats
Patio: 40 seats
Bar: Lounge and Patio
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
The Jazz Cellaron the third floor at the Jazz Bistro Hours of Operation:
Get social withthe Jazz Bistro:
About Jazz Bistro
Located in the building that once housed the legendary Top O’ the Senator jazz club, the Jazz Bistro, opened in March 2013, is one of the city’s finest venues for live entertainment and fine dining. The building was given new life and new purpose through the vision of Colin and Joan Hunter, who have built a comfortable, creative space to enjoy unforgettable performances and exceptional cuisine.
Jazz Bistro is located at 251 Victoria Street in the centre of downtown Toronto sharing a neighbourhood with The Eaton Center, the Ed Mirvish Theatre, the Elgin/Winter Garden Theatres and legendary Massey Hall.
- 30 –
General Manager Sybil Walker and Chef Brad Macdonald are available for interviews.
For more information, interview requests or to come for lunch, dinner or brunch, please contact:
Peter Ashworth | Ashley Lloyd
Ashworth Associates Public Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com