PRLog - June 10, 2014 - PITAMPURA, India -- Larger screens, higher resolution, faster network connection and fast processors are some of the major factors that have influenced urban consumers to buy high end smart phones, thus paving the way for mobile games market in India. Further, the growing penetration of broadband subscribers has brought further development in video games on dedicated home video game consoles and PCs. Increasing penetration of third generation network and telecom companies focusing on value added services is anticipated to lead to phenomenal growth of the mobile gaming segment in the near term.
India Video Games Industry
Video game industry has been one of the most important avenues of the overall entertainment industry in India, thus contributing a major share to the total spending on video games in FY’2013. Growing personal disposable incomes, penetration of broadband, increasing population of video game players, rise in the number of new games and increase in the time spent on video games are some of the factors for the growth of India video games industry.
The video games market in India has witnessed an increase in recent years on account of rapid sales of video game hardware and software through retail format. However, the advent of relatively cheaper games on the online and mobile platform as well as emergence of digital distribution of games has lead to significant changes in the traditional distribution of video games software and hardware in India. Moreover, a surge in the social and casual gaming population as well as increased adoption of smart phones and tablets has provided a much needed thrust to the video game sector in India. India video game industry revenues have increased from INR ~ billion in FY’2008 at a CAGR of 34.5% during FY’2008-FY’
According to the research report “India Video Games Industry Future Outlook to 2018” by Ken Research, India video games market would grow at a considerable CAGR rate thus exceeding INR 180 billion by 2018 due to the major push from software and mobile gaming in India.
“While rising disposable income, soaring population of video game players and an increase in the time spent on gaming will result in increased spending on video games in India, steep rise in penetration of broadband and mobile phones and a subsequent increase in the online gaming and mobile gaming, are expected to hamper the performance of the retail segment for video game hardware and software sales, according to the Research Analyst, Ken Research.
The report on “India Video Game Industry Future Outlook to 2018” provides detailed overview on the video games market in India and helps readers to identify the ongoing trends in the industry and anticipated growth in future depending upon changing industry dynamics in coming years. The report will help industry consultants, video game software and hardware manufacturers, retailers and other stakeholders to align their market centric strategies according to ongoing and expected trends in future.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
· The market size of India video game industry
· The market size of the video game software market
· The market size of the video game hardware market
· The market size of the online gaming market
· The market size of the mobile gaming market
· Market segmentation of the video game software market on the basis of console and PC software, type of distribution, and type of genre
· Market segmentation of the video game hardware market on the basis of console and handheld hardware and type of distribution
· Trends and Development in India video game industry
· Growth Drivers and Restraints of India video game industry
· Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major manufacturers of video game hardware and software in India
· Future outlook and projections of India video game industry – software, hardware, online gaming and mobile gaming, on the basis of revenues in India
Browse & Download Report with TOC- http://www.kenresearch.com/
Contact Person- Ankur Gupta
Contact Email Id- firstname.lastname@example.org