PRLog - June 5, 2014 - FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- Flagstaff, Ariz. – People setting out on The Way of St. James or El Camino de Santiago in northern Spain made famous by the Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez movie “The Way” now have a book, which guides them along the pathways of their heart during the pilgrimage. The book entitled “Spiritual and Walking Guide: Leon to Santiago” is a guidebook that combines daily scripture readings appropriate for the day’s journey, travel tips and route-following instructions.
· What about pilgrimage helps you let go of fears and find peace?
· How can you be still and hear God’s voice as you trek the ancient pilgrimage route?
· How will you prepare your heart for a closer walk with God on El Camino de Santiago?
The pilgrim will find answers to these and other questions in this daily devotional and walking guide.
“Several years ago when planning my first pilgrimage along El Camino de Santiago in northern Spain, I searched for a small, personal devotional that I could carry with me as a daily guide for my spiritual journey,” explained author Stacey Wittig. “I was hoping for a book that would direct my path physically as well as spiritually. I was looking for a sort of space-saving, lightweight three-in-one book: a daily meditation, a Bible and a way guide.”
Three treks along the ancient pilgrimage route later, the Christian author offers this book to others looking to follow the pathways of their heart while trekking El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route.
Included in this light-weight, all-in-one spiritual and walking guide are:
· Daily scripture readings – no need to carry a heavy Bible
· Meditations that help pilgrims hear God’s direction for their lives
· Questions for reflection to make the most of the pilgrimage
· Pages for journaling
· Details about where to sleep, daily distances walked and essential websites
· Instructions about how to procure a Pilgrim Credential and how to follow the route without maps.
Spiritual Walking Guide: León to Santiago is available in paperback from Amazon.com and other retail outlets, and is available for Kindle and other devices at www.amazon.com/
# # #
If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with author Stacey Wittig, please call 928-699-0696 or email Wittigwriter@