Expert diet physician and founder of the KE Diet (www.kediet.com (http://www.kediet.com/))
Motivation varies, genetics vary and results vary. So what is the common thread among dieters? Consider these five universal health benefits weight loss might spark.
1. Reduction in your risk for diabetes. Losing weight helps the body metabolize glucose, thereby lessening your chance of developing diabetes. It is estimated that by 2025, 75% of the U.S. population will be diabetic!
2. A drop in cholesterol. Cholesterol is the fatty substance found in delicious foods such as bacon, that clogs arteries and contributes to heart disease. Exercise not only aids in weight loss, but engaging in some sort of physical activity causes cholesterol to break down.
3. Lower fat percentage of the liver. The human liver is naturally 5-10% fat. Going beyond that could lead to liver disease. Losing weight directly assists in preventing liver disease.
4. Improved sleep. Let’s be honest, snoring can be disruptive to others sleeping.Losing weight reduces the pressure placed on the throat while sleeping, which leads to snoring.
5. Increase in energy. Life is short. Losing weight releases endorphins that not only increase energy but also make us feel alive like we can conquer the world.
About Dr. Oliver Di Pietro
Dr. Oliver Di Pietro, founder of the KeDiet (www.kediet.com), is a distinguished physician who has worked at the highest levels of medical science. His outstanding academic and professional record assures patients that the KeDiet, and its application, is subject to the highest standards of science and medical practice. He learned the practice of feeding tube dieting from the originator, a doctor in Italy who has administered the program to more than 19,000 patients.
Dr. Di Pietro obtained his medical degree from the University of Sherbrooke, in Quebec, Canada, in 1980, and completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine at Montreal General Hospital and McGill University in 1982. He then completed a residency in anesthesiology/