We just thought to share some of the answers with you:
Non dental-affiliated whitening cubicles are often cheaper than what we offer. This is due to several reasons:
1) The qualifications of the people whitening your teeth and their knowledge of the process and potential risks and harms involved. The cause of teeth discolouration needs to be diagnosed by a dental professional, in order to assess whether the individual is a candidate for a successful whitening outcome
2) The products used to carry out the whitening process
3) Is follow up care available?
4) Are your soft tissues, such as your cheek, gums and tongue, protected during the whitening process?
5) Whitening can exacerbate existing dental disease and cause more sensitivity and discomfort unnecessarily. This is why a dental check up is always recommended prior to whitening procedures
The Australian Dental Association has been advocating the closure of such institutions for the reasons cited above.
At Concord Dental Practice, we use the latest whitening technology - Zoom! - to offer you the most superior results. Although we cannot guarantee the results, since many different shades of teeth whiten at different levels, we take great care to protect the soft tissues to ensure that no harm is done to them. We use a safe, high concentration hydrogen peroxide gel to perform the whitening process - this is further accelerated with the use of a UV light.
Our appointments are booked for approximately 90 minutes, and includes 4 x 15 minute power bleaching sessions where new bleaching product is applied each time for optimum results. You are also given a take home kit, with customised whitening trays and whitening gel, to top up the color of your teeth every now and then, as you see fit.
At Concord Dental Practice, we like to make sure that our patients know everything, have all their questions correctly answered, and make informed decisions, before rushing into any sort of treatment.
If you're thinking about having your teeth whitened at such booths, please make sure you remember to ask the important questions.