The focus of the 2014 Trends report is on the evolution of product development to support “the circular economy,” a radically new approach to thinking about most of what we do, build, and use. We have made great strides in design for disassembly, recycling, and reuse of materials from many everyday products. PLM strategies and enabling solutions have played a significant role in the successes to date. But what if we could have zero impact? What if everything we took out of the ground, or created, could be reused and repurposed indefinitely?
Meeting this more stringent need will require new PLM-enabling solutions and services to help companies adapt. Solution and service providers already focused on enabling sustainability may have an edge, but there will certainly be new market entrants. The driving issue centers on how decision-making in product development is changing through the application of technology in a number of ways. Cross-disciplinary collaboration must be better supported to effectively implement systems engineering. Despite the growing sales of S&A solutions, there is still a lot of work to do to “democratize”
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
1. The CIMdata 2014 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2013, forecasts of investments for 2014 through 2018, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2013.
2. The CIMdata 2014 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2013, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
3. The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2014 through 2018.
4. The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2013 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
5. The CIMdata 2014 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2013 market results. CIMdata’s 2013 estimates and market forecasts for 2014 through 2018 for PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation;
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at http://cimdata.com/
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/