• The award was acknowledged at the ABCD awards presentation and dinner event held at the Four Points Sheraton in Cranberry, PA on May 21, 2014.
• GAI’s Senior Engineering Manager Sam Spear, P.E. delivered a presentation at the awards dinner to describe and showcase the winning project.
• The Lake Gordon Bridge project team, which included designer GAI Consultants, Inc., Carmen Paliotta Contracting, Inc., and PennDOT District 9-0 worked closely with project stakeholders including Cumberland Valley Township and the Evitts Creek Water Authority to successfully complete the rehabilitation.
• The original Lake Gordon Bridge, constructed in 1913, was a 220-foot-long structure located in Cumberland Valley Township in Bedford County, PA.
• The bridge carries State Road 3009 over Gordon Lake, a reservoir owned by the Evitts Creek Water Company.
• Carmen Paliotta Contracting completed construction on time, and the bridge opened to traffic on November 14, 2013.
• The Lake Gordon Bridge project was completed with $60,000 in design savings.
• Sam Spear, Senior Engineering Manager, GAI Consultants:
“This structure, having been built before the flooding of the reservoir, presented unique rehabilitation challenges to the owner, designer, and the contractor. We are grateful to have been recognized by ABCD for being part of the solution.”
About GAI Consultants: