SMi Group’s inaugural conference focusing on optimisation, extending the half-life and assessing alternative technologiesin peptide analysis will feature 16 leading speakers.
The comprehensive two-day programme features an array of specialists and just some of the sessions featured include:
· The use of Guanylate Cyclase-C Agonists for the treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders
Mark Currie, President of R&D, Chief Scientific Officer, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals Inc
· Targeting Mitochondria with Cationic Amphipatic Short Peptides
Vincenzo Abbate, Research Associate, Kings College London
· Reviewing peptide engineering for the optimisation of drug like properties
Ved Srivastava, Head, Peptide Chemistry, GSK
Plus an exclusive workshop on extending the half-life of Peptides
Yvonne Angell,Director of Peptide and Protein Chemistry, IPSEN Inc.
Delegates can expect to hear from leading experts including;
• Thomas Vorherr, Director Peptide Discovery, Novartis Pharma AG
• Mark Currie, President of R&D, Chief Scientific Officer, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals Inc.
• Nuno Madeira do O, Associate Scientist II, Formulation Sciences, MedImmune
• David Price, Senior Director, Pfizer
• Ved Srivastava, Head, Peptide Chemistry, GlaxoSmithKline
• Dieter Deforce, Professor at the University of Gent, Belgium, Member of the Scientific Advice Working Party of the EMA, Gent University
• Dinesh V. Patel, President and CEO, Protagonist Therapeutics Inc.
• Annette Friebe, Head, Late Discovery, Nexigen GmbH
• Christian Luber, Senior Scientist, Novo Nordisk
For further information or delegate booking enquiries contact Fateja Begum now on +44(0) 20 7827 6184 to reserve a place. Academic companies are entitled to attend at a discounted rate of £699, terms and conditions apply. Contact Fateja Begum for more information.
Notes to editor
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at www.smi-online.co.uk
Follow @SMIPHARM today to get the latest pharma event updates on twitter