PRLog - May 26, 2014 - BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Those that are unaware of Hip-Hop’s rich background are quick to dismiss it as noise. But tell these people about DJ Kool Herc and his parties on 1520 Sedgwick Avenue or the legendary 5 Pointz and suddenly this art form becomes a movement. Attempting to reunite and reeducate a new generation of Hip-Hop fans, Brooklyn emcee Westbay is set to release Spread Love, a 14 track album representing the revivalist movement he has created with famed New York City artist, Mr. Love.
Westbay - Spread Love
Westbay began rhyming at 13, learning the art of battle rap. After earning a few awards and catching the attention of veterans, the Marine Park emcee found a new challenge in becoming a well-rounded songwriter, an obstacle that has been able to cross and has allowed him to appreciate the work of his masters. With the release of Almost Famous and A World Full of Mannequins, Westbay is no greenhorn to the industry. With Troy Ave and Maino making appearances, Spread Love is NY’centric and proud of it.
“We’ve taken the famous Biggie quotable and transformed it into a way of life” says Westbay. “I’m fortunate enough to call Brooklyn my home, and if you’re gonna represent the borough that’s birthed some of the greatest names in Hip-Hop history, you better do it right. Creating Spread Love and throwing all of these parties to promote the concept has always been my dream and I’m thankful for everybody who has been behind it all.”
Spread Love will be released on June 3rd via CD and all major digital retailers, and can be pre-order now via iTunes.
iTunes Pre-Order: https://itunes.apple.com/
01. Wanting More (Intro) [prod. by tC Dibiase]
02. Spread Love (Skit)
03. Spread Love (prod. by Parkside)
04. Sing A Little, Live A Little (prod. by Mike "Pizza" Piazza)
05. High End (feat. Troy Ave) [prod. by tC Dibiase]
06. They Told Me (feat. Frank B & Fitted) [prod. by Joe Josh Beats]
07. Got The Fire (prod. by Parkside)
08. Torch (feat. Saint James) [prod. by Parkside]
09. Fly With Him (feat. Maino) [prod. by Joe Josh Beats]
10. Take A Ride With Me (prod. by Grind Kings Productions)
11. Video Games (prod. by Joe Josh Beats)
12. Time (prod. by Parkside)
13. Little Kid (prod. by Joe Josh Beats)
14. The Guy (Westbay, ClimaX, Bonk) [prod. by Allrounda Productions]
"Westbay demands that the fakery come to an end…" -Complex
"Newcomer Westbay goes for the jugular of everyone who stunts like they work hard but don’t match his work ethic…" -RESPECT.
"The kid can spit…" -VIBE
"Now with some experience in the game, West is ready to share his stories, both good and bad, for those who can't get enough of that East Coast sound." -Earmilk
“Westbay is in the building and he’s extending y’all an exclusive invitation to “come Fly With Him.” -DJBooth