SIP Trunking is a viable alternative to PSTN (Public Switch Telephone Network) widely used by companies today. Main reasons for switching to SIP trunking are
· decreasing costs up to 70%
· getting new services (e.g. combined voice and Internet services)
SIP is not only used for VoIP communications, but for establishing and controlling file transfer, instant messaging, video, games and other sessions either.
SIP has five main options:
· locating the user and specifying, which end system can be used in the introduced session
· determining whether the user is available/busy, etc.
· specifying the capabilities reachable at the user end
· establishing sessions
· managing the session, handling call transfer, call termination, etc.
Switching to VoIP Routes SIP trunking the company makes a big step towards facilitating and enhancing communications. What other benefits can they get?
· Cut expenses on long distance services
With a SIP trunk connection long distance services cost essentially less.
· Get rid of IP-PSTN gateways
SIP trunks connect straight to company ITSP bypassing PSTN, that`s why it`s possible to turn down IP=PSTN gateways with their complexity and attendant cost.
· Turn down a redundant network
Adapting SIP trunking is a reasonable step towards establishing a unified, IP-based network and eliminating redundant data and telephone networks.
SIP trunking (http://www.voip-