PRLog - May 23, 2014 - Business Book Summary of The Innovative Sale
The Innovative Sale
EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. “Sales” and “innovation”
Gabriel Ginebra offers readers the following advice:
· Creativity has an important place in the sales process. Everyone should learn to be creative—not just people in certain positions or industries
· People must look outside their specific job functions for ideas that can be applied within their companies. They must also take advantage of the opportunities that exist in learning from others.
· When it is time for a brainstorming session, it is important for everyone to have a say in the process. If the hierarchy is emphasized, people in lower level positions are less likely to speak up and provide their input during brainstorming sessions.
· Brainstorming is an important first step in making change. However, it is not the only step. There is a time and place to critically evaluate ideas once they are presented.
· When working through ideas, salespeople must look at “extremes,”
· To get customer buy-in, customers should ideally be involved in the planning process. When customers have a say, they are more inclined to accept proposed solutions.
· Sales are not just about what a company offers—it is also about what a customer needs. The best solution is a convergence of these two factors, which is why savvy businesses do more than just present an “elevator speech.”
· Companies need to invest in their employees through coaching. When managers take the time to examine both the strengths and weaknesses of their staff, they learn how to best use staff and how to help them improve their skills.
In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.