• Identifying a crisis,
• Planning a response to the crisis and
• Confronting and resolving the crisis.
Crisis management can be applied in almost any field of endeavor, but it is most commonly used in international relations, political science, business and management. It is the duty of every PR agency to be alert and try to identify the problem/damage at the earliest (if there is any). If they don't prepare, they will incur more damage. When I look at existing crisis management-related plans, what we often find is a failure to address the many communications issues related to crisis/disaster response. Organizational leadership does not understand that, without adequate internal and external communications, using the best-possible channels to reach each stakeholder group:
• Operational response will break down.
• Stakeholders will not know what is happening and quickly become confused, angry, and negatively reactive.
• The organization will be perceived as inept, at best, and criminally negligent, at worst.
• The length of time required to bring full resolution to the issue will be extended, often dramatically.
The main question that comes in every PR professionals life is that how do we react or behave in a crisis situation? Following are some important points that every PR person should bear in mind during a crisis situation:
• The first and foremost thing is to stay calm and take a deep breath because the client as well as his/her team is dependent on the PR person. So, if he panics the people working under him and the client would panic.
• Next is to investigate what the problem is and understand how this problem will have its impact on the business of the client.
• The next most important thing to remember is to listen to the target audience and this is possible through social media. This will help the team to understand how the people have been impacted and what their view points are during this particular situation.
• After all the data has been collected, the PR person should then develop a messaging strategy and communicate that would try to change the negative perception into a positive perception.
And, at the end the keep on reviewing the strategy so that the buzz of the entire activity does not subside. If all these points are kept in mind the PR agency can listed among the Top PR agencies, atleast in India.
To know more about PR firm and PR agencies click http://adfactorspr.com