PRLog - May 22, 2014 - LONDON -- With the global COPD market forecasted to reach a value of $15.6 billion by 2019, COPD 2014 will look to provide the industry with a niche platform for discussion and a forum to learn from market led case studies and key note addresses delivered by KOL's and visionaries in the field of COPD.
The latest instalment in the successful series has evolved to include topical and current sessions, such as Patient Care and The Future of COPD, as well as presenting attendees with in-depth information on exacerbation and comorbidities, ensuring a successful clinical trial design and challenges in drug development and market access.
Kenynote speaker Thomas Schlange, Senior Biomarker Expert from Bayer said:
“Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a growing threat to public health worldwide with a high unmet medical need. Fast and cost effective development of drugs that help to improve significantly the quality of life of patients requires the intensified collaboration of industry, academia, clinical research and regulators agencies. Working in the field of biomarkers at the interface of pre-clinical and clinical research makes this an everyday requirement. The 6th COPD conference will bring together key opinion leaders from different stakeholders and will therefore foster this collaboration, especially by providing a very focused agenda.”
Other speakers will include:
• Marcello Milano, Executive Global Regulatory Affairs, Chiesi
• Mercedes Prior, Head of Global Market Access, Almirall
• Carla Bauer, Investigator, Novartis
• Jan-Anders Karlsson, CEO, Verona Pharma
• Ewan Walters, Medical Director, Teva
• Rosa Lamarca, Head of Clinical Statistics, Almirall
• Robert Wilson, Consultant Physician Lung Division, Royal Brompton Hospital
• Abebaw Yohannes, Reader in Physiotherapy, Manchester Metropolitan University
• Jim & Mary Nelson, Patient, Caregiver, Representatives of COPD Foundation and EFFORTS Online Support Group
For those who are interested in attending there is currently a £300 early bird available online at
20th & 21st October 2014
Holiday Inn Regents Park Hotel, London UK
Sponsored by Randox
About SMi Group
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-
We pride ourselves on having access to the worlds most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at http://www.smi-