″Creating Content and getting it shared, in order to drive traffic, requires a strategy that starts from the Title and goes all the way to monitoring the Results.”
I came across a blog post that was shared many thousands of times and it caught my attention. It is called “How To Get Your Blog PostShared 1000 Times” and it had a beautiful Infograph to learn from. The blog post is by the Canva team (https://www.canva.com)
Here are the results.
Get Your Blog Post Shared Over 1000 Times
Step 1 – Create a Compelling Title
• Include a number (1000)
• Include a power keyword (Amazing)
• Test out a negative title (Will Not)
You Will Not Get Your Blog Post Shared Over 1000 Amazing Times - http://www.jasonfox.me/
Step 2 – Make it Easy To Share
Make sharing icons available on mobile and desktop
I have stationary share icons, and floating share icons
Step 3 – Social Media Optimization
Set up your post using Twitter Cards and Opengraph Data setting them up here Twitter Cards and here Facebook Open Graph.
I personally have mine set up using the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin, you can also set up your Google+ with the plugin.
• There are the instructions to set up your Social Optimization using theWordPress SEO Plugin
• You can test your Facebook Open Graph
• Be sure to validate your Twitter Card
• You will need to have a Google+ Page to optimize for Google+ be sure to link your Google+ Page URL to the About section of your Google+ Page.
Step 4 – Optimize For Google
• Page Name
I will again default to the Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin to check your Google Optimization for your blog post. The plugin makes it easier to check. Once your post is optimized and you “Save Draft” you will get a colored light score.
• Red Light – Not optimized
• Yellow Light – Not optimized well enough
• Green Light – Google Optimized
This post has a “Green Light”
Step 5 – Make Your Images Pinterest Friendly
Create your images using Canva (their service)
Use a Pin-it button
You can get the code for the Pinterest Pin-it Button from Pinterest
I used Canva to create my image
I am using the Pinterest Pin it Button for Image Plugin
Step 6 – Highlight Quotes and add a “Click To Tweet” Option
“Use A Click To Tweet Tool, like ClickToTweet, to promote your blog post” [via @jasonfox_me]
You can find step by step instructions how to do this
Step 7 – Share Your Content
Using a free site called DLVR.IT to syndicate out to all of your social media channels
I have used Dlvr.it and been happy. I currently use a service called Onlywire. I pay for this service, because they send it out to 45 social media channels for me.
You can also get a similar effect with the Jetpack Plugin by Automatic.
Step 8 – Manual Sharing
• Use Chrome Do Share to post to Google+
• Use BufferApp to schedule multiple tweet times
• Use PostPlanner or Agorapulse to schedule updates to Facebook
• Add to a que on SocialOomph to share it again at a later date
• Share to communities such as; Scoop.it and Triberr.com
• This post will get posted to my Google+ Profile, Google+ Page, and 15 Google+ Communities
• I will only post to my Facebook Page 1 time
• I do not pay for SocialOomph
• I will share to both Scoop.it and Triberr.com and many others
Step 9 – Share to Your Email List
Building an email list using tools like:
Optinmonster, then email content using Aeweber, Mailchimp, GetResponse, Ontraport or Infusionsoft.
I use Formidable Pro, WP Subcribers, and Leadpages to collect my leads.
Then email them this blog post 1 time a week using MailChimp.
Step 10 – Do Outreach
• Search Twitter for keywords that are relevant to your blog post
• Find Influencers on GroupHigh and TWTRLAND
• Manage outreach using Buzzstream
• Reach out to Relevant People
I will reach out to all the companies and authors that are mentioned in this post and ask them to share this post with their community
Step 11 – Monitor The Results
Using analytics tools such as:
• Google URL Builder
• Google Analytics
• Buffer Analytics
I will monitor the results using tools such as:
• Goo.gl url shortener
• Google Analytics
Step 12 – Push Again
Promote the blog post again 1 month later
I will promote again in 1 month (setting up an alert in my calendar as I type)
Now let’s see if we can get your blog post shared over 1000 times!