• Sydney, then Brisbane are the cities with the most Family Law questions. Separation, divorce and child support are the most common Family Law topics.
• Australian Consumer Law questions are most popular in Melbourne. From lemon cars to dodgy mechanics, door-to-door salespeople and online scams, Melburnians led the way in being eager to learn more about consumer affairs and consumer protection.
• Criminal Law questions are most popular in Perth, but spread across all of Australia. Dealing with police, assault and drink driving are the most popular Criminal law topics.
• Property Law questions are most popular in Brisbane and Perth. Rental agreements and tenancy rights are the most popular Property Law topics.
• Employment Law questions are most popular in Brisbane. Unfair dismissal, maternity leave, wages and fair work are the most popular Employment Law topics.
The past month’s popular legal questions reflect a diverse range of legal issues:
• Family Law - Family Court Orders, Distance and Child Custody
• Family Law - Can I Sue My Ex for Emotional Damage?
• Australian Consumer Law - Home Security Alarm System Monitoring Contract - Charged $1200 Termination Fee
• Australian Consumer Law - Sold item on Gumtree and Buyer Wants Refund
• Criminal Law - PCA Charge & DUI Info for Court Hearing
• Wills and Estate Planning Law - Power of attorney. How to make one and are lawyers needed?
As a free online community-driven legal aid forum, LawAnswers.com.au helps Australians find answers and information to better understand popular legal questions. Georgia Byrne, co-founder of LawAnswers.com.au, said:
“We’ve seen strong demand from people who are unable to or unaware of how to get legal aid and those who don’t regularly use the services of a lawyer. Some legal questions are straightforward and are resolved with simple practical or legal information from other LawAnswers members. Complex legal questions receive helpful suggestions and we’re exploring how LawAnswers can connect those people to lawyers who can provide personalised legal advice at a competitive rate.”
LawAnswers.com.au (http://www.lawanswers.com.au) is Australia's #1 Free Legal Aid and Legal Answers Forum.
LawAnswers.com.au was started as an experiment by two lawyers to understand whether a diverse community of Australians (lawyers and non-lawyers alike) could enable their fellow Australians to better understand popular legal issues.
Note: LawAnswers.com.au is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice.