IndieFlix and Oscilloscope will launch this new relationship with five outstanding movies, which will be released on IndieFlix throughout the summer:
1. Brooklyn Brothers Beat The Best: (Dir: Ryan O’Nan) Starring: Ryan O’Nan, Michael Weston, Melissa Leo and Andrew McCarthy. Recently dumped by his girlfriend, underachiever Alex (O’Nan) embarks on an impromptu road trip with his new bandmate, the eccentric Jim (Michael Weston).
2. Dear Zachary: A Letter to His Son About His Father: (Dir: Kurt Kuenne) This highly acclaimed documentary is both a touching tribute to a fallen friend and a heart-wrenching account of justice gone astray.
3. Oscar-nominated The Messenger: (Dir: Oren Moverman) Starring: Woody Harrelson, Ben Foster, Jena Malone and Samantha Morton. When a soldier returns home, he is faced with a strong ethical dilemma when he becomes involved with the widow of a fallen officer.
4. Oscar-nominated If a Tree Falls: A Story of The Earth Liberation Front: (Dir: Marshall Curry and Sam Cullman) The remarkable story of the group's rise and fall, told through the transformation and radicalization of one of its members, Daniel McGowan.
5. Howl: (Dir: Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman) Starring: James Franco, Jon Hamm and Mary-Louise Parker. James Franco stars as the young Allen Ginsberg – poet, counter-culture adventurer and chronicler of the Beat Generation.
"We're stoked to be sharing a prime portion of the O-Scope collection with IndieFlix," said O-Scope. "And just like your cool older brother, we're always down to talk about girls or buy you a sixer."
Scilla Andreen, CEO of IndieFlix has found a kindred spirit. “Oscilloscope is a risk taker, just like us. They like to have fun and are all about good stories, not the easy sell.”
Founded by filmmakers in 2005, IndieFlix is a membership-based streaming service that has become one of the most meaningful global online platforms in the industry. IndieFlix gives film lovers access to thousands of high quality independent shorts, features, documentaries and web-series from film festivals around the world via Roku, Xbox and all Internet connected devices including smart phones and tablets. IndieFlix’s mission is to champion filmmakers, launch careers, rethink traditional approaches to distribution, and celebrate the artistry and impact of independent film. IndieFlix’s unique royalty payment system “RPM” Royalty Pool Minutes pays filmmakers for every minute watched.
Oscilloscope Laboratories is a film production and distribution entity launched in 2008 by Adam Yauch of Beastie Boys. Yauch modeled the company after the indie record labels he grew up around, choosing films and releasing them with the same artistic integrity with which they were made. The company, an extension of Yauch's recording studio of the same name, has an in-house DVD distribution and production arm, and its paper packaging is reminiscent of the heyday of LP record jackets. Previous and current releases include Lynne Ramsay's Golden Globe® Nominated We Need To Talk About Kevin starring Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly; Marshall Curry's Oscar-nominated If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Tree Liberation Front; Oren Moverman'sOscar-