Hundreds of thousands of votes have been cast in the annual competition, and this year’s flurry of popular support of the 2014 Top 100 contestants was no exception. America has once again demonstrated its immense interest and supportiveness for moms building businesses as they also tend to their families.
“With startup rates at an all-time high, these leading moms are leading the pack in startup rates,” says Rich Sloan, chief startupologist and co-founder of StartupNation. “They’re going after their business opportunities and developing their innovative products and services with fervor,” Sloan adds.
“We're so proud to be recognized among this group of very talented and driven women during our first year in business,” says French, the CEO and Founder of French Bear Company. “We especially want to thank our community supporters who continue to stand with us as we launch and grow our business,” says co-owner, Spracale. The winner’s profile for French Bear Company can be found at http://www.startupnation.com/
The 2014 Top 100 Leading Moms in Business ranking highlights some of the dominant trends, motivations and attributes among moms in business. They include:
· A great eye for providing attractive discounts, coupons, savings and value, all especially important to consumer moms of the recession era.
· A likelihood to come up with innovative products and solutions to address the challenging maze of motherhood. It’s an environment that demands resourcefulness.
· Conscience-driven business, where “doing well” is just fine, but the real rush comes from doing good.
· The attraction of being your own boss looms large for moms wanting to take control they just can’t find in a day job.
· Sustainable solutions and responsible business practices are increasingly paramount.
· Making the most of social media for business benefit is seemingly a birthright for the socially adept moms.
StartupNation (www.startupnation.com) provides over 100,000 pages of business advice and networking for entrepreneurs and serves millions of entrepreneurs annually. StartupNation is a service founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs with the intention of providing a one-stop shop for entrepreneurial success, including articles, community forums, blogs from a host of experts, radio show, award-winning step-by-step advice, and more.
StartupNation co-founders, Rich Sloan and Jeff Sloan, are two of the country’s leading small business experts. The Sloan brothers speak frequently at entrepreneurial forums and recently hosted a Public Television special helping people transform their passions into business opportunities. They are authors of StartupNation:
For more information, press only:
For StartupNation, contact Jeff Sloan via email at jeff at StartupNation dot com
For French Bear Company contact Nicole Spracale via email at Nicole at FrenchBearCompany dot com or 602-561-6828.