PRLog - May 8, 2014 - ORLANDO, Fla. -- Stonefield Software Inc. is excited to announce the release of Stonefield Query Enterprise, the newest version of the award-winning Stonefield Query product line.
Stonefield Query Enterprise Web Version
Stonefield Query Enterprise is a complete rewrite from scratch using the C# language for the back-end engine components and ASP.NET MVC for the web front-end. The new version allows Stonefield Software to take advantage of the latest technologies.
Here are some of the features of this new product:
· Web UI: the current version of Stonefield Query is a desktop application. While it works great for the over 200,000 people using Stonefield Query, many clients wanted reporting for web applications. Stonefield Query Enterprise is that solution.
· New reporting features: Stonefield Query Enterprise has many new features that are difficult or impossible to add to the current version. Some of these new features include:
o Support for sub-reports
o Displaying HTML and rich text with full formatting
o Availability of other types of controls such as bar codes, QR codes, and check boxes
o Sorting on group totals
o Support for multiple column fields in cross-tab reports
o Better localization of reports: headings appear in the language of the user running the report, not the one who created it
o And many other great new features
· Rich API: every aspect of Stonefield Query Enterprise is exposed through the API. This makes it dead simple to integrate with any own application. Create and run reports programmatically, manage security, or dynamically update the data dictionary as necessary.
· Extendible: Clients have always been able to extend and control the features of Stonefield Query through scripting. In Stonefield Query Enterprise, plugins take this to the next level. Because plugins have full access to the Stonefield Query object model, customization of Stonefield Query Enterprise is now possible in ways you could only dream of before.
· Support for multi-tenant applications: Stonefield Query Enterprise was designed to work in a multi-tenant environment. Whether it’s one database with row-level security for all customers or one database per customer, Stonefield Query Enterprise has it covered. Users can only see the records and reports for their own company. Of course, it works just fine in a single customer environment too.
· Updated Stonefield Query Studio: the developer part of Stonefield Query got a facelift too. It integrates with custom plugins and functions so they’re available for expressions. Join trees give finer control over how indirectly related tables are joined. It is now possible to preview the contents of calculated fields and virtual tables and test joins between real and virtual tables. Value converters, either built-in or customer designed, change how the contents of a field appears in a report.
· Source code: Stonefield Software provides the source code for the web UI, allowing for customization it to suit the customers needs. Changes can be a simple as altering styles in CSS files for a different look to changing controllers and views for different workflow or implementing different security rules.
Of course, Stonefield Query Enterprise still has the features that made Stonefield Query one of the few true user reporting solutions available, including:
· Ease-of-use: Users don't have to know what a join is, let alone how to create a join for a particular set of tables. Users don't have to know the names of tables, fields or how the data is stored. Simply tell Stonefield Query what is wanted and it figures out how to get the data needed. The simple “wizard” interface allows for the creation of reports in minutes, not hours.
· Report scheduling: Create as many schedules to run as many reports at any time that a user wishes, making report deployment a snap.
· Multi-database support: Stonefield Query can run reports on data stored in different databases, even if each database uses different engines. For example, create a report that shows customer information from a Microsoft SQL Server database and project information from an Oracle database. Create consolidation reports that pull, for example, invoices from different company databases onto a single report.
· Configurable: Customize Stonefield Query for custom applications. The data dictionary describes what the databases Stonefield Query can access look like: the tables, fields, and relationships between the tables; captions for tables and fields; output formatting for fields; and so on. Customize the behavior of Stonefield Query by changing configuration settings, such as whether users can schedule reports.
· Brandable: Easily create a private labeled or branded version of Stonefield Query. This allows for the distribution of Stonefield Query as a branded product, so users won't know it's Stonefield Query from Stonefield Software. This also allows companies to sell a branded version for whatever price fits your business model.
· Localizable: Stonefield Query is fully localizable. Every dialog caption and message displayed to the user in Stonefield Query is defined in resource files. This allows for the create multi-lingual versions of Stonefield Query, with each user working in a language that’s most comfortable.
Check out Stonefield Query Enterprise today. Try it with any data, by downloading the demo from http://stonefieldquery.com/
Stonefield Software Inc.
Stonefield Software Inc.