Startupland Co-Producer Jonathon Perrelli (http://startupland.tv/
The team has decided to let the public choose what business idea she will launch – all votes are being gathered at: http://gni-intl.blogspot.com/
“We need to genuinely illustrate and talk about the current Generational Gender Identity Crisis we […] are facing and struggling with when it comes to love and career.” said Giadha, “It is no longer clear what our gender roles are, nor can we rely on our parents’ or grandparents’
As reported by American Express OPEN in their State of Women-Owned Businesses Report, 1997 – 2011, there are over 8.1 million women-owned business in the US, 29% of all enterprises, and between 1997 and 2011 the number of women-owned firms increased by 50%, a rate one and half times the national average. This month Forbes published The Truth About Entrepreneurship And Dating and tells female entrepreneurs “Your ability to date will be hindered, greatly.” In just a few days Power Shift 2014, the Oxford Forum for Women in the World Economy, will be featuring as its main theme Women and Finance to address the major impact women in business is having on our global economy.
“The socio-economic impact of these realities is why we need to spark further dialogue and explore more meaningful ways to educate, inspire, and empower business women.” notes Giadha when speaking of what she refers to as a “Generational Gender-Role Identity Crisis” in both business and relationship dynamics.
Business topics addressed in the docu-series will include:
• Entrepreneurial Basics - Going through the Lean Startup Model phases
• Business Esthetics - Dressing for Success (feminine vs. sexy: mannerisms, body image, hair, makeup, etc.)
• Leadership Styles – Adopting a Soft Touch vs. Strong Hand and Sexual Manipulation
• Cognitive Approaches – ‘Leaning’ vs. Leading
• Emotional Challenges – Fearing failure, needing security and facing self-worth
• Gender Differences – Being a female entrepreneur in (still) a man’s world (Advantages, disadvantages and strategic edge)
Dating and relationship coaching topics covered will include:
• Choosing ‘Mr. Right’ for you
• Learning the Art of Flirting
• Moving a relationship from "dating" to "exclusive"
• Keeping a relationship drama-free
• Dating online – strategies and pitfalls
• Mastering the right dating look
• Avoiding common first date mistakes
• Understanding the men's perspective on attraction, dating and love
To learn more about this project and support it please visit: http://kck.st/
For more information contact Noreen Butler at nbutler@gni-
Please join the conversation on Twitter: @LoveNBizDC using hashtag #LoveNBizDC
About the Team:
• Giadha DeCarcer, Female Entrepreneur - Serial entrepreneur and executive with almost 20 years of experience launching and operating startups. She is an avid supporter of female entrepreneurs and founded Women Entrepreneur Reinforcement (WeR), as well as First Federal Transportation, GNI International, and most recently co-founded and ran VentureCamp, an accelerator and docu-series project.
• Michelle Jacoby- Dating Coach - Matchmaker, relationship coach, and serial entrepreneur, Michelle has gained national recognition and was awarded finalist for Best Matchmaker in the US at the 2011 iDate Awards. She is the founder of DC Matchmaking and cofounder of The Matchmakers Alliance, a non-profit organization that brings together top matchmakers and dating coaches worldwide.
• Jonathon Perrelli, Executive Producer - Venture capitalist, serial entrepreneur, and co-creator/co-
• Jeff Hoffman, Executive Producer - Successful entrepreneur and producer. Some of Jeff’s business endeavors include Priceline.com. uBid.com, and ColorJar. Jeff has produced both Hollywood movies and musical events, including Cabin Fever and tours with such artists as Elton John, Britney Spears and NSYNC.
• Beth Johnston Perchuk, Executive Producer - Serial entrepreneur and seasoned New York executive, currently the Co-Founder and Executive Director of The International Women’s Leadership Association (TheIWLA).
• Nelidia Guanawan, Executive Producer - Young and ambitious entrepreneur, founder of Eloquence Salon, Nelidia overcame adversity very early on, born of a humble family in DC and forced to grow up across Asia. Upon moving back to US, she struggled against expectations of onlookers and naysayers and put herself through Business School to successfully launch her own venture.
• Zachary Shields, Videographer - Intrepid independent filmmaker, Zach is the Founder of Nischan Pictures Inc. and winner of the Webby Award in 2006 for an innovative web documentary covering the untold stories of the devastating 2004 tsunami in Southeast Asia. Most recently his short documentary Awful Grace was an official selection at the Indianapolis International Film Festival.
• Noreen Butler, Investor Relations Director - Momtrepreneur, fitness guru, and innovator, Noreen is the Founder of CarpoolFitness and Co-Founder of The Clinical Recruiting Group. She has experienced firsthand the challenges faced by momtrepreneurs, and is committed to sharing true stories about real women to inspire, educate, and empower female entrepreneurs nationwide.