The compilation includes production from several of the genres most sought after producers, such as Australia's Aria Award Winning M-Phazes (Eminem, Amerie, Pharaohe Monch, Slaughter House), Nottz (Kanye West, The Notorious B.I.G., 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes) Diamond D (Big L, Queen Latifah, Fat Joe, Brand Nubian, the Pharcyde), Ayatollah (Mos Def, Ghostface Killah, MO.P.) and Marco Polo (Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, O.C.), among others.
In release of Unearthed, Coalmine Records' C.E.O. Matt Diamond issues the following statement: "Unearthed has been a labor of love that epitomizes our brand's identity, and I'm pleased to finally see the project come to fruition. The 'mixtape' has always been a cornerstone of the culture; one that has always aimed to break new music, while showcasing the craft of the DJ, and that's exactly what we set to accomplish with Unearthed. Although the term has forged new meaning in recent years, its impact should never be forgotten. Unearthed takes it back to the days when the cassette tape reigned supreme."
Unearthed will be part of a dual disc set, that will include both the 'mixed' version arranged by DJ Revolution of The World Famous Wake Up Show, and an 'Untagged Deluxe Edition' which includes four bonus cuts, including the Diamond D Remix of "Boyz II Men" from Blu & Nottz. Please note that the 'Untagged Edition' and the 'iTunes Deluxe Edition' both become available for digital download on May 27th. Can you dig it?.
01. Unearthed (Intro)
02. Pharoahe Monch - Get Down (prod. by M-Phazes)
03. Bang This (Interlude)
04. One Dae - Bang This (prod. by Marco Polo)
05. Revolution's House (Interlude)
06. Big Noyd, Large Professor, Kool G Rap - Naturally Born (prod. by Ayatollah)
07. Blu (feat. MeLa Machinko) - Kiss The Sky (prod. by M-Phazes)
08. Royce da 5'9", Skillz & Diamond D - One For The Money (prod. by G-Squared)
09. El Da Sensei - Show Stoppa (prod. by DJ Devastate)
10. Apathy & Celph Titled - School for Scoundrels (prod. by Ayatollah)
11. Guilty Simpson & Small Professor (feat. DJ Revolution) - On The Run
12. Drop 'Em (Intro)
13. The Rockness Monstah - Drop 'Em (prod. by BeanOne)
14. Rah Digga (feat. Fashawn & REKS) - Never Back Down (prod. by M-Phazes)
15. Torae - Real Talk (prod. by Young Cee)
16. Guilty Simpson & Small Professor (feat. Boldy James & Statik Selektah) - I'm The City
17. The Artifacts - Easter (prod. by Khrysis)
18. Land of the Crooks (Interlude)
19. Sean Price, Billy Danze, Maffew Ragazino & DJ Babu - Land of the Crooks (prod. by M-Phazes)
20. Blu & Nottz (feat. Nitty Scott, MC) - Boyz II Men
21. Most Confident (Interlude)
22. Wildchild & MED - Most Confident (prod. by Create & Devastate)
• Royce da 5'9", Skillz & Diamond D - One for the Money (Mananz Remix)
• Guilty Simpson & Small Professor - One the Run (Ran Reed Remix)
• Blu & Nottz - Boyz II Men (Diamond D Remix)
Promo Trailer (Directed by Todd Angkasuwan): http://youtu.be/
Press Quotes: • "Unearthed celebrates Coalmine Records’ 10th anniversary by gathering the most underrated and legendary MCs in Hip-Hop. Coupled with boom-bap classic backdrops and ill scratches by DJ Revolution, the compilation mixes standout tracks from the label over the years, delivering head-nodding fun straight out the underground."
• "Coalmine Records have been keeping Hip-Hop alive for 10 years with their bombastic sounds, and this compilation only adds fuel to that fire. This is an instant classic for any real Hip-Hop head. Be careful while listening, you might break your neck." -Mass Appeal
• "This compilation tells the sonic story of a record label that makes approachable, hard-hitting music. Meticulous lyrics, distinctive voices, and boom bap abound." -RESPECT.
• "Unearthed brings the best gems from the vaults of Coalmine Records for your listening pleasure. It would be a mistake to sleep on this release from the burgeoning Brooklyn label." -Earmilk
• "Want to know what it's like to walk the streets of a town called Hip-Hop for a day, borough to borough? Let DJ Revolution be your cut savvy tour guide through the stellar feature and production list. This is something to appreciate down the road whether you're walking to the bodega, taking the train, or just having the typical GOAT conversation with your homies." -The Source
• "To celebrate Coalmine Records' decennary run, the Brooklyn-based indie has recruited the legendary DJ Revolution for 'Unearthed' for a collection of new and recently released tracks that stays true to the art of DJ'ing, an art form that has remained central to the label's core. Cheers to ten more years!" -2DOPEBOYZ
• “Unearthed finds a way to perfectly balance classic sounding Hip-Hop from both industry veterans and fresh, contemporary artists alike. The 22-track album is non-stop action, from start to finish!” -Wax Poetics
• iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/
• UGHH: http://ughh.com/