With a foreword by Baltimore Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh, Forgotten Sundays is Gerry Sandusky’s coming-of-age story about a son’s relationship with his father. It is his story of love, loss, acceptance and living in the shadow of the NFL.
In Forgotten Sundays, Gerry shares the most poignant moments of his life, including:
* The memory of sharing an elevator with coach Don Shula, Johnny Unitas and his father John Sandusky after the Colts’ devastating loss to the New York Jets in Super Bowl III
* Learning about how his father, at one time the head coach for the Baltimore Colts, sang to his dying wife in the hospital
* His father’s remarriage so soon after his mother’s death
* Watching his father face a losing battle with Alzheimer’s Disease
* Discovering the news of Penn State’s Jerry Sandusky’s arrest, while on his way to Pittsburgh with the Baltimore Ravens
Perfect for Baltimore Ravens fans or as a touching Father’s Day gift, Forgotten Sundays is heartfelt and intelligent, humorous and tragic. Readers will explore the intricacies of a father-son relationship and the nuances of how and what a son learns from a father.
Forgotten Sundays: http://www.greetingsandreadings.com/
A portion of the proceeds from this event will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. Books must be purchased at Greetings & Readings. A receipt is required.
Located in the Hunt Valley Towne Centre on Shawan Road, Greetings & Readings of Hunt Valley is Baltimore’s premier independent gift store. With 30,000-square-