The 2014 Power Broker Report identifies the nation’s 500 most productive real estate firms based on transactions completed and closed sales volume in 2013. Nationwide, RE/MAX had 110 firms in the report, accounting for 22 percent of all brokerages in the ranking.
According to preliminary results from the report, the productivity of RE/MAX agents was more than double the average of agents at competing brokerages. RE/MAX agents on average not only closed more transaction sides but also generated sales volume 69 percent higher than the average of all competing agents.
RE/MAX agents’ average sales volume for 2013 was $4.3 million, according to the report. That is a 26 percent increase over 2012, while competing agents averaged just $2.5 million. RE/MAX agents also averaged 17.5 transaction sides each - an increase of 4.3 percent over their 2012 performance. The average for all other agents in the report was just 8.4 sides.
The Chicago-area RE/MAX brokerages included in the Power Broker Report, and their rankings by transaction sides and sales volume closed are as follows:
1. RE/MAX Suburban, Arlington Heights, Glen Ellyn, Libertyville, Mt. Prospect, Schaumburg and Wheaton; 177th in transactions, 189th in sales volume.
2. RE/MAX Synergy, Flossmoor and Orland Park; 352nd in transactions, 557th in sales volume.
3. RE/MAX of Naperville, Naperville, and RE/MAX Enterprises, Downers Grove; 399th in transactions, 363rd in sales volume.
4. RE/MAX 10, Chicago, Oak Lawn and PalosPark; 414th in transactions, 549th in sales volume.
5. RE/MAX Unlimited Northwest, Algonquin, Crystal Lake, Huntley, LakeZurich and Palatine; 423rd in transactions, 460th in sales volume.
6. RE/MAX All Pro, Bloomingdale and Sugar Grove, and RE/MAX Great American North, St. Charles; 475th in transactions and 512th in sales volume.
7. RE/MAX Showcase, Gurnee, Long Grove and Waukegan; 488th in transactions and 590th in sales volume.
8. RE/MAX Professionals Select, Naperville; 500th in transactions and 453rd in sales volume.
The eight firms operate 25 offices, all in the metro Chicago area. Six RE/MAX firms listed above were included in the last year’s Power Broker Report. Two other firms, RE/MAX Showcase and RE/MAX All Pro-RE/MAX Great American North, entered the ranking this year.
RE/MAX has been the leader in the northern Illinois real estate market since 1989. The RE/MAX Northern Illinois network, with headquarters in Elgin, Ill., consists of 2,000 sales associates and 100 individually owned and operated RE/MAX offices that provide a full range of residential and commercial brokerage services. Its www.illinoisproperty.com provides comprehensive information about the network and about residential and commercial property for sale in the region. The northern Illinois network is part of RE/MAX, LLC, a global real estate organization with 90,000+ sales associates in 90+ nations.