High school baseball players can use the website at no charge to build a profile and a personal web page containing:
- Personal information they wish to share with collegiate coaches, teammates, firends and family
- Baseball statistics, accomplishments, awards, coaches and references
- Academic information including GPA, ACT and SAT scores, honors and references
- Highlight videos and action photos
Based on a high school baseball player's profile, the website generates a personal web page for each athlete with the information collegiate baseball coaches most desire in an easy-to-navigate, professionally designed format.
Peter Buscemi, creator of Recruit HS Athletes and Marketing Guru, states that the website embodies all of the concepts and principles he used to successfully promote his son to D1, D2, D3 and NAIA collegiate baseball programs. As a result, Buscemi’s son received scholarships to the University of Redlands and Menlo College.
Buscemi states, “The time and effort it took to market my son against other top high school baseball prospects was not insignificant. Tasks included:
- Compiling information on colleges including tuition, academic requirements, location, etc.
- Analyzing the statistics of the individual collegiate baseball teams to understand their philosophy (offensive, defensive)
- Reviewingcollegiate baseball rosters to determine whether opportunities existed for an incoming freshman to play four years and
- Finding the contact information for collegiate baseball coaches
Buscemi confirms the high school baseball recruiting process was overwhelming and literally consumed three to four months of his nights and weekends gathering and analyzing data, building a website and sending communications to collegiate baseball coaches. He states that several other dads followed his process and came to the same conclusion: while the manaul recruiting process works, it is simply too time-consuming As a result, Buscemi created www.recruitHSathletes.com so high school baseball players and their parents could leverage a proven method.
About Recruit HS Athletes
Created by Peter Buscemi, Recruit HS Athletes is designed for high school athletes to find the right college with the right sports program, and then intelligently promote themselves to their targeted college coaches. Buscemi believes that high school athletes must proactively market themselves to college coaches instead of waiting for a coach to find them or storing their information in a database where coaches compare that player to every other player in the database. Recruit HS Athletes emerged from a manual process Buscemi used with his son to land a four-year scholarship to play baseball at the University of Redlands and Menlo College. In addition to a sports background, Buscemi is a 30-year executive marketing veteran at F1000 companies (Apple, Oracle, Business Objects) as well as three startups that were acquired. For more information, go to www.recruitHSathletes.com.