The Speed Traders Workshop, to be led by Edgar Perez in New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Munich, London, Dubai, Brussels, Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai, covers the latest research currently available and reveals how high-frequency trading players are operating in global markets and driving the development of electronic trading at breakneck speeds from the U.S. and Europe to Japan, India, and Brazil. The "flash crash", the suspended BATS IPO, the botched Facebook IPO, Knight Capital's trading malfunction and NASDAQ's Flash Freeze are just a few of the milestones in the history of high-frequency trading that will be dissected with participants.
Highlights of The Speed Traders Workshop include:
• The first and most comprehensive global initiation to the world of high-frequency trading
• Key enablers of high-frequency trading in the U.S., Europe and Asia
• Strategies high-frequency traders leverage to find alpha in up and down markets
• Techniques to detect and avoid high-frequency trading in the markets
• Regulatory framework and initiatives for speed trading
• Latest update on high-frequency trading in the world and current regulatory initiatives after the "flash crash" and Michael Lewis' "Flash Boys"
• Up-to-date review of the future of high-frequency trading
• Study materials developed by Edgar Perez, the author of the most popular books on the subject of high-frequency trading, The Speed Traders and Knightmare on Wall Street, commentator on Bloomberg, CNN, CNBC, FOX Business News and other business media, and a well-known presenter in conferences and seminars in America, Europe and Asia
Mr. Perez is widely regarded as the preeminent global expert and speaker in the specialized areas of algorithmic and high-frequency trading. He is author of Knightmare on Wall Street, The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets (2013), a minute-by-minute account of the terrifying hours following Knight Capital's August 1, 2012 trading debacle, The Speed Traders, An Insider's Look at the New High-Frequency Trading Phenomenon That is Transforming the Investing World, published in English by McGraw-Hill Inc. (2011), Chinese Mandarin by China Financial Publishing House (2012), and Bahasa Indonesia by Kompas Gramedia (2012). He contributes to The New York Times, UltraHighFrequencyTrading.com and China's International Finance News and Sina Finance.