"Having a great looking garden is not just about spending copious amounts of money on it and you can really make a difference just by spending some time and effort," said Jamie. "Simple things like tidying up the winter detritus and reviving your lawn from the long, wet winter will create a real impact visually and inspire you to do more as the weather improves further."
Jamie's top tips to get your garden looking great include:
* Tidy your grass by trimming the edges and apply an eco-friendly treatment to rid the turf of weeds and encourage lush green growth. As each product is different, always remember to read and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
* Weed and dig borders, removing any old plant matter from last season. Identify where there are any gaps in the scheme and enjoy a trip to the garden centre to make a couple of new purchases - guaranteed to brighten up any spring garden.
* Encourage wildlife and birds into your garden by providing a bird box, bug home or just choose some plants and flowers that attract insects such as Buddleija for butterflies, honeysuckle for bees and sunflowers for birds.
* Sow some wild summer flowers either in borders or pots to contain them. You can purchase packets of mixed seeds from your local garden centre for a real variety. They will look fabulous in just a few weeks’ time!
* Don't forget your hard landscaping - the things that give your garden its framework and structure. Clean patios and furniture, treat woodwork with an appropriate preserver and if you've not already got it, take a look at installing some lighting. You will be amazed at the difference it can make!
"Jamie is an award winning gardener and we hope that his top tips inspire the homeowners of Yorkshire to look after their piece of England's green and pleasant land this spring," said Jan Hanaby area sales manager Miller Homes Yorkshire. "Gardening remains one of nation’s favourite pastimes and with so many wonderful public gardens to visit across Yorkshire, we hope that National Gardening Week will remind us of how relaxing and comforting a beautiful looking garden can be."
Miller Homes currently has twelve developments across the Yorkshire region providing homes that include three bed townhouses with prices starting from £75,000 to five bedroom homes priced at £441,000.
Further information can be found by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk
• Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
• Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK –Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
• Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
• In 2013 Miller Homes retained its five star rating in the Home Builders Federation National New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
• Further information is available by visiting www.millerhomes.co.uk
Miller Homes Yorkshire has developments across the region in:
East Ardsley Sutton in Ashfield